Sign in to follow this  

PW50 wobbly rear wheel

I recently bought a 2000 Yamaha pw50. The back wheel was a little wobbly(about 4mm) . I figured it was just a bent rim. I bought an used rim and replaced it. The back tire still has the same wobble. The old rim is flat as a board. I have one way of checking perpendicularly, but I'm assuming it good because they both product the same wobble. I don't know if the rear shaft is bent or is it the just an adjustment issue.

My son's PW50 rear tire wobbles a little. I've had to replace the rear tire and the bead looks even so I'm not sure if it's the tire or wheel but it's been doing it since I bought the bike two years ago and doesn't seem to hurt it.

My son's PW50 rear tire wobbles a little. I've had to replace the rear tire and the bead looks even so I'm not sure if it's the tire or wheel but it's been doing it since I bought the bike two years ago and doesn't seem to hurt it.

Same here.

We had the same thing last year. I took the tire and wheel off thinking I would straighten it out, but had no bend in it. I didnt know what was wrong and I didnt want to put money into it because he was out growing it. So I just put the tire back on and let him race with it (didnt bother him at all). he got 3 seconds and a fourth place overall with it last fall. This year he is on a pro jr and pulled in a 8th place in his first race on it. Now we are thinking of bending the back rim a bit:-)