I need a part for a YZ exhaust...anyone?

Dont know what 13 is but anyone with an aftermarket pipe needs 18 & 19. That is why it is missing.

Hmmm, dirty bas*ard. :) LOL

Well, I might run down to the local hardware store and see if I can rig up something for it.

I have a FMF PCIV SA and funny thing is it dosent require those pieces. It just slips right over the barrel mount on the subframe.

Oh, and 13 is just a rubber bumper. No biggie, Im sure I dont even need it.

I believe 13 is the rubber stopper used to keep the number plate off the pipe. Looks like its on the wrong side in the mircofiche, but maybe the transposed the pic of something?

The FMF Q pipes don't use that piece, but anyone wanting to sell theres, would want to make it a package deal.

My FMF pipe doesn't have a rubber bumper.

You could try a bike wrecker/salvage place if you have one in your area.

a really good hardware store should have something that could suffice...or try a lowes or home depot... go to the brass grommet /compression fitting area... there are some goodies you may find there.take the bolt , to test fit and look for some washers...if you have access to a bench grider you could make these parts.. the rubber thingy you could make with a big glob of silicone.lay the pipe on its side and get a tube of silicone squirt some so it pertrudes through the hole. then squirt some more until it piles to the desired height.. let it sit overnight.kabaam you got a new grommet...

good luck,

Im definatly going to explore all options before having to order them. Not a bad idea, but would the silicone be hard enough to stand up very long?

Thanks guys!

Go to the nearest Auto Zone or whatever and you will find "generic" rubber bumpers. Usually in that "Help!" display assortment of hinge pins, window cranks, dome light lenses, small parts, etc. that every store has.

If that doesn't do it, open your wife's car door/hatch and there is probably one in the door jamb that she won't miss... :)

LOL.. :)

Ok, Ill try that tonight. Thanks for the input Chaindrive.

Actually, my wife would miss it. She would notice if I made the slightest modification to her car. (except washing it!) :D

definitely get that rubber bumper... on my old yz400, I had an FMF Q on it with no bumper. So one day, I leaned bike against tree to take a whiz, and come back to bike smelling burnt plastic...that's right, burned several holes through exhaust side number plate...looked crappy and I still sold it that way

the new yz450F silencer has 2 rubber stops.....

I might have some of the 13's, but I would have to dig around a bit.

Let me know if you don't have any success.

The 18 and 19 are fairly custom, so those you'll most likely have to order.

My YZ Pipe had 2 conical (Metal) inserts (one on each side) making the outer surface flat when mounted. I lost one and just used a regular washer in it's place and never had a problem.

Bonzai :)

I just did this to my wr too. The rubber hanger bushing and the inner metal washer/tube fit together well. Then you need a bit longer bolt and outer flat washer. I got mine from the Yamaha dealer all for less than 10$ I think its worth it so there is less vibration. I think the damper (rubber) keeps the pipe from cracking. The alloy pipe i feel would crack if not dampened. IMHO :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zack Ailing
      hey guys just picked up a new project bike. Its a 2008 Yz450f with a big bore kit and a stroker crank. The total cc of the engine is now 499. It runs on race gas and will be an absolute monster when shes ready to rip. I will continue to make more videos on the bike so stay tuned Link to the video: 
    • By High On Octane
      2005 YZ450F, Athena Big Bore, Power Bomb, Q4.
      Ok.  Last fall after a decently hot day at the track, I noticed coolant leaking from the weep hole on my water pump after pulling into the pits.  Ordered an Athena re-seal kit, put it all back together and didn't really get a chance to ride it.  3 weeks ago, went out to the track, and after about 20 laps, it started leaking again.  Kept filling it with water to get thru the day, never ran anywhere close to dry or empty, jut a cup or 2 low.  Ordered a Hot Rods re-seal kit with bearing and also ordered a new w/p shaft.  Did it all again and got it back together, ran it, and as soon as it got to temp, it was leaking out of the weep hole again.
      So, what the heck am I missing?  I'm totally stumped on this one.  Is something wrong with my case cover?  Do I need to replace the w/p itself?  I'm feeling like I should've just ponied up for the Boysen in the first place, and now it's biting me in the butt.  Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
    • By Awheeler25u
      Alright guys, my 04 YZ450f runs fine minus some slight backfires when decelerating (need to adjust fuel screw). The other day when I was done checking my valve clearances I changed the oil and filter and put the bike back on the stand, kicked it a few times without the ignition coil in to get some oil flowing got off and noticed a little drip spot on the ground, it was no bigger than a dime so I thought nothing of it. Started the bike with no issues took it for a quick 10-15 min ride, came back to the garage to find out my whole case was soaked with oil and it started pooling in the low spots on the clutch basket side. I cleaned all the oil off and took it out again for 5 mins to try and see where it was coming from, here are my three possible places but nothing directly leads me to believe it’s any of the three either.
      1. Decompression plug area
      2.  Valve cover gasket leak (not really sure because the amount of oil leaking Looks to be a large amount
      3. Oil tank (bad weld or cracked weld somewhere
      what are you guys thinking?
    • By bofar
      Hey guys. I could really use your help diagnosing an issue that came up riding today. Bike is a 2013 YZ450F. Well maintained and haven't had any issues until now. Both the oil and coolant are new and levels are to spec. 
      After riding for about an hour in the sand dunes, I noticed a grinding going on on the right side of the bottom end (from what I could tell). When I looked to see what was going on my kickstarter was vibrating and grinding really loud. This was a different sound than if you engaged the kickstarter while running. It sounded less "clanky" and more "vibrating/grinding" if that makes sense. Grabbing the kickstarter and moving it didn't help the issue.
      When I noticed it, I shut the bike off and gave it a second. Being a few miles deep into the dunes, I had to get it out of there so I started it back up and it seemed fine- no grinding. I headed back to the car and after a few minutes, it came back so I shut it off again, started it back up and nothing. That process happened one or two more times before I made it back to the truck. Seemed to run fine otherwise. 
      Once I got it back to the truck I started it up and tried to pay more attention to what was going on but it wasn't doing it. I did seem to have more of a metal on metal noise coming from the motor. I started and stopped the bike a few times and after the motor stopped there was a distinct metal clank/grinding noise that happened right after the motor shut of for maybe half a second. This doesn't happen every time. 
      I tried doing some research and have seen things that make me think it could be the spring that connects to the kickstarter, or the kickstarter stopper plate- but really I have no idea.
      Seems strange that the issue is off and on.
      Thanks for the help!
    • By Goof331
      Does anyone know if there is any differences between the 2 radiators? Will the yz450fx radiator bolt on a yz450f? What I am wanting to do is wire up a fan to my 2016 yz450f. I know how I am going to do it I just don’t want to use a “universal” fan kit. What I would like to do is get a 450fx radiator and the direct bolt on Trail Tech fan for that radiator to have a good clean look.