'03 WR450: what would you do next?

Looking for just a bit more power.

Already uncorked, jetted, gyt-tipped pipe.

I'm thinking new full exhaust or both cams for more overall power.

Full exhaust..

All you need is a slip on seeing as you have the yz header

This statement is 100% correct :crazy:

If you want more power, I would look into the YZ450f (03-05) Exhaust cam or a set of hot cams.

Aside from that, you will need to go deeper into the motor for more power...i.e high compression piston or big bore.

If you ask me, the yz cam is the ticket as its the best bang for the buck:thumbsup:

How is it that I have a YZ header?

Is it stock on the '03 WR?

It was stock on all WR :crazy: (until 07+ :eek: )

If I wanted more bottom end throttle response, then maybe a longer header (DR D) or similar?

I wouldn't spend the money on a different header...i would look at the YZ cam

It was stock on all WR :crazy: (until 07+ :eek: )

I wouldn't spend the money on a different header...i would look at the YZ cam

OK, got it.

The stock exhaust with even with the GYT insert is really corked up. I would get something better on the bike (i.e. - slip-on) before proceeding further. The cam will really wake up the bike but that exhaust will still hold you back.

The stock exhaust with even with the GYT insert is really corked up. I would get something better on the bike (i.e. - slip-on) before proceeding further. The cam will really wake up the bike but that exhaust will still hold you back.

Maybe something like this? Sparkarrestor included.

Seems like a great deal on a new Q4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-WR-YZ-450-R-YZ450-FMF-Power-Core-4-Slip-on-Exhaust_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem5d2482071bQQitemZ400044459803QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

I did not realize you still had the stock exhaust with only a GYTR tip :lol:

If your going to get a slip on, I would highly recommend a Dr.D slip on from www.qualitysmart.com this will give you tons of bottom to mid for only 306 bucks :crazy:

EDIT: Here was the original thread I started when I was looking for a pipe for my 06

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468867&highlight=qualitysmart

P9130006.jpg

Coop

I have the full Stainless system on my X, and I love it. I think the Dr can is just what the Dr ordered.

:eek:

I think the Dr can is just what the Dr ordered.

:crazy:

10/4 to that :eek:

10/4 to that :crazy:

By the way, I should be getting my Smart Performance suspension back soon. Then I can really ride this thing.

By the way, I should be getting my Smart Performance suspension back soon. Then I can really ride this thing.

If its anything like the job Precision Concepts does down here then I am sure you will be very satisfied :eek:

BTW you will need to post up a phone of the beast when your done with it :crazy:

If its anything like the job Precision Concepts does down here then I am sure you will be very satisfied :eek:

BTW you will need to post up a phone of the beast when your done with it :crazy:

...count on it...

It will be complete with:

- recycled YZ plastics (from a dismantler)

- home-made tall seat

- no stickers

I want this thing to be stealthy...........