Thor Force or Fox?

I am looking to get a pair of shin/knee guards and have been looking at the Fox Raptors but now I see that Thor has a set out that looks just like them. Does anyone have any experience with one over the other.

Cory

The FOX Raptors fall apart, I would buy something else. Besides FOX makes a set for $10.99, why would you want to pay that kind of money for a shin gaurd where the only difference is that they are hinged, not held together by a nylon strap (which is far stronger anyway)

Go witht he FOX shin guards.They are more comfortable than THOR's. No matter which set you buy you will have to tighten the hing bolts after every ride becasue they come loose. It doens't matter which set you buy they will both do it and they don't "fall apart".

Go witht he FOX shin guards.They are more comfortable than THOR's. No matter which set you buy you will have to tighten the hing bolts after every ride becasue they come loose. It doens't matter which set you buy they will both do it and they don't "fall apart".

I usually don't argue points on the internet, but YES they most certainly do fall apart. How do I know?? Because I work in an accessory shop, I currently have 5 pairs of FOX raptors going back to FOX this week because they fell apart. And that is just this week...in the past 2 months, the grand total of Raptor shin/knee gaurds I have sent back because they fell apart....32. Now tell me they don't fall apart. Oh and yes some of them were because the customer didn't tighten them, but you shouldn't have to tighten a pair of shin gaurds everytime you ride, that should be a maintence free piece of equipment. And most of the shin guards I send back are because they just plain fall apart at the hinges, tightening or not.

I am most certainly not trying to start an argument, but I deal with this gear on a daily basis, I sell it, wear it, and I am also the guy who sends it back when it breaks, so when I say something falls apart or is a piece of total crap. I know from first hand experience.

I brought a pair of the Fox raptor about 2 months ago. The only problem I've had with them is the hinge bolts falling out once.. A little blue loctite on all the bolts solved the problem... Haven't fallen apart since.. Looked like Fox used teflon tape to hold the bolts together.. They are also very comfortable...

Curt

I just bought a pair of 661 knee guards, and I am VERY happy with them. They have a nice neoprene sheath that is next to your legs, and they are secured with two beefy nylon straps. I think I paid $40.00, and after the first ride, they were so comfortable that I forgot that I was wearing them.

Besides, my buddies and I have a funny joke. When ever something does not make sense to us, we will say "I need that like I need a FOX sticker on my bike".

You can do better than Fox, 661 is one option to explore...

And if you REALLY want to be different, buy a FOX T-Shirt and wear it to a Supercross Race.

Hardly anyone ever does that!!

That's funny :)

I do own a pair of Fox socks, but they are pretty well hidden. Other than that, I am fox-free!

Got nuthin' agaist them, I just think there are better products available.