Fair Price for a non running 04 CRF250x?

I have a very low hour, super clean 250x that is all stock, no damage. I rode it and maintained it per the manual but of course it would not start or idle after a while. I am guessing it is the valves, but unsure becasue I dont have the time to take it in and deal with it, (Kids/Military/Work). I have been thinking of getting rid of it and was wondering what a fair price would be? Im in California and it has a current green sticker.

Any imput would be great.

No way. If it's got low hours it's just a plugged pilot jet probably.

$2K minimum.

15 minutes and you can have the jet out and replaced with a new one so you don't even have to bother cleaning it. If you lived near me I would fix it for free for you.

Thanks for serving!:crazy:

No way. If it's got low hours it's just a plugged pilot jet probably.

$2K minimum.

15 minutes and you can have the jet out and replaced with a new one so you don't even have to bother cleaning it. If you lived near me I would fix it for free for you.

Thanks for serving!:crazy:

agreed. this was the EXACT situation my bike was in when i bought it in september. 04 250x, low hours, wont run. left gas in it for a few years. all it needed was a good carb cleaning. The guy wanted 3100 but i got him down to 2500.

I am thinking since you mention it not idleing that it will start, right? checking the valves is really easy if you use this link.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179775

If it is the valves a grand is probably a good figure, if it is just plugged jets, a little maintenance and a few dollars will probably double the selling price compared to non-running condition.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I finally took the pilot jet out and it was plugged. I took a piece of wire and cleaned it out. I put fresh gas and a new plug and it fired right up. It runs like it did when it was new. :worthy:

Thanks for the suggestion ThrottleJockey, worked great!!!

Now I'm still thinking about selling it for a new mountian bike, but have not made up my mind.

May go for a ride soon and that should make up my mind.

I will give you $1001 for it now. :banana: Man that was a real low ball guess at $1000, you would have been better off parting it out if it wasn't the pilot. Glad you got it running. :worthy:

Now take the time to buy the kids some bikes and have some great family time out riding with them. :banana: