Sign in to follow this  

NJORVP

some NJORVP info, click here

so, NJ sort of isn't that great when it comes to riding. :*) there is a recent thread regarding NJ/NY/PA/DE riding spots, check it out, it's here.

i ride at chatsworth/NJORVP on occasion (a friend of mine lives about 10mins from there, though he has a quad). as you may know at chatsworth there is the old factory out of the park a few miles; so far i haven't been tagged by the rangers out there. have you been back by the old factory? i usually manage to get to chatsworth about a dozen times over the summer/fall. it's flat and most sand from a trails perspective.

also i've ridden twice in Leb State Park, but that's just plain hazardous and i wouldn't/won't do it again unless it's an organized sanctioned event. i don't want to lose my bike that bad.

i've never been to raceway park -- it's only MX there and i'm more of a trails/singletrack guy. also there is a MX track/trail system run by the police in Lakewood(?) or somewhere around there.

but i guess that i have it pretty good because my wife's parents have a vacation house in mt pocono, PA. we go out there pretty frequently actually. it's about 5 miles from jack frost mountain (TRAX) and about 20 miles from the Paragon ORV park. TRAX has some really rocky but long trails, and some great steep hills that challenge flatlanders like us. Paragon has a mix of things, including some tight single track, and some rocks as well (par for the course in PA.) then i have some friends out in tamaqua, PA, we go riding on some 'private' trails once in a while.

as you can see i actually get more riding done in PA vs NJ. i've been to TRAX about a dozen times, and to Paragon about half that many.

last year i did the six days of michigan with my brother-in-law, i actually did ok and will do it this year as well. if you like getting beat up for six days straight it is a barrel of fun. you can find my 2002 Six Days writeup here. i also want to do some additional longer weekend rides this year, awaiting info on the TT East Coast Annual Ride (MD this year, i hear?).

let me know when/where you go riding.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Thanks for the reply.I'll probably join NJORVP soon,but me and my freind(who went out and bought an 03 YZ250 after one ride on mine)used to ride in Forked River(exit 63?)and are probably going to check it out this Sunday if he hears from another rider that its still okay to go there.