2003 wr250 airbox restrictor

Hello, I just bought the new wr250, and have read that I can remove the airbox restrictor for performance gains. The problem is, I can't figure out how to remove it. Do I need to remove the subframe and completely remove the airbox? I had the seat off, and the battery out, but can't get it to slide out from the top. Does anyone have any insight on this procedure? Thanks!

only the snorkel portion comes out. you have to take the strap off the battery, then pry out only the snorkel portion do not try to take off the whole top end

OK, that was what I was trying to do, but I was afraid to force it too much. There is a little piece of plastic riveted to the airbox that is used to fasten the strap of the battery holder. It looks like I have to clear that and it should pop out. I was just worried that there was something else holding it in place, and I did not want to break it. Thanks for your help. Do you have any insight to adjusting the throttle stop for that same bike. I saw in the website some instructions for the 02 model, but it looks like the carb has changed slightly. Thanks again.

cut in to .975 same as last year