Sign in to follow this  

Thousand Oaks Honda gone?

Don't know if anyone has bought a bike from that place (I bought my DRZ400 and kid's CRF70 from there a few years ago), but I drove past the place this morning, and it looks like they are either closing shop or moving. No bikes there at 11AM and some stuff in boxes, moving vans, place is empty. Does anyone know if they are moving, like TO Yamaha did?

If they are closing, that would be a bummer...

That's what shopping on the internet will get you...no local shops. All to save a buck! damn. sad.

Yup, they closed down. I was there last week and was told the nearest Honda dealers that are left are in Ventura, Simi Valley and North Hollywood. Kolbe Honda in Woodland Hills closed down last year, bummer, I had been going there for 25 years.

Yup, they closed down. I was there last week and was told the nearest Honda dealers that are left are in Ventura, Simi Valley and North Hollywood. Kolbe Honda in Woodland Hills closed down last year, bummer, I had been going there for 25 years.

I just heard a few weeks ago... :crazy:

Yup. I heard about a month ago they were closing and I went by to get parts the other day and they were gone. On a good note though Thousand Oaks Yamaha Kawasaki Ktm has a sick new shop!!!

Now I can't vouch for this information but I was told that they owed $1.5mil from taxes not paid '04 thru '07 :crazy:

That's what shopping on the internet will get you...no local shops. All to save a buck! damn. sad.

They had great specials. The bike I bought there was way less that OTD or any of those places... perhaps they weren't paying all the sales taxes to the state and able to offer deals. Had great prices on oil and some stuff.

I think they made up for it in the $ervice dept, hourly rates were outrageous. Yeah I know about the stealership deal- just got the bike, had no time, and wanted the valves checked. You know how those hondas eat valves and all...

I did read about the tax issue in the paper- the article I read didn't specify which mc dealer it was.

My local Honda / Kawasaki / Suzuki dealer closed. The shop changed owners a few years ago. I was their last paying customer on the last day. They said the problem was no one could get a loan for a motorcycle unless they were over 750 (or higher?) on their credit score.

Wow, that's too bad. There has been a Honda motorcycle dealership on T.O. Blvd since I was a kid growing up there in the 70s.

Does anyone know if the Archer family still owned it. My first bike came from there a SL 70. I think that was in 1972. To bad they shut down.

Never did like TO Honda. And I hated walking in there smelling the cigar smoke. I just wish TO Yamaha started carrying Honda parts.