San Diego Practice Location: progress

After our discussion of find a place to practice in San Diego, I've found out a few things:

1. supertt has posted a schedule of races at Irwindale (near LA) and Cajon Speedway.

2. I called Cajon speedway and inquired about practice sessions. The person I talked to said they didn't have any practices there, especially because they don't maintain a dirt section themselves. So I told the guy I'd be interested (any maybe others) in just a pavement section for practicing, etc.

He mentioned I could rent it out, but we'd probably need an ambulance. I mentioned I've heard of other tracks not requiring an ambulance with < 20 people, so he said he'd call his insurance company to check and would get back to me either tomorrow (Fri) or Monday.

Phew! I'll post any further info I receive from him. It's a start. If anyone else has any info on this kind of thing or just other places to ride near San Diego, please post.

Thanks!

Eric Welch

I'd love to hear of your progress. Kudos to you for taking the initiative. I live in San Diego and practice at the motocross track adjacent to and owned by the same guy.

Funny story about the owner...one of my coworkers' wife and here indoor soccer girlfriends called to complain about the noise and smoke from the motocross track next to their little soccer field. Next week, they were tearing down the soccer field walls and enlarging the motocross track. Just proves that there are still people that aren't worried about being so Politically sensitive. That and at 15 bucks per rider per day vs. 40 bucks per seson for the soccer players, I can see where the money was.

Now _I'm_ a little confused ? Do they let you on the paved section for $15/day anytime you want or were you just talking about the motocross area? (Probably just the dirt track, but just wanted to check).

Thanks.

Eric

It's at Perris? Sweet! I thought it would be all the way down in San Diego, Perris is only half the distance for me. Actually, I'm going to Perris on Friday as well to ride at Starwest. I hope this works out, I've never got a chance to ride Supermoto other than on the street so far.

oh...man. That's great paul. But Unfortunately, this is one of the many times I feel the pain of working in the motorcycle industry..working on saturdays ?

I'll be getting away for the Cajon Speedway Series and some of the Southwest series..but I can't do saturday practices on non-race weekends...bummer

Chris

Mike and Paul, Thanks for an amazing day!!! Best $25 bucks I ever spent!!! Amazing group of riders!! Just getting the chance to try following the pro's was incredible!! They were throwing it sideways 30 feet before I finished slowing down was amazing. Needed more room for our BRP's. Mike was a great host!! Loved having at least a couple amateurs dicing it out! See you guys for the opener in Phoenix next week!!!