Sign in to follow this  

1992 Kx 125

hey i just went and saw this bike and put a deposite on it becasue to me it seemed like a good deal. so the plastics look a little rought and needs some tlc but over all its mechanically sound. i wanted to know where i can get parts for it? i wanted to get AVS levers for it but wasnt sure if other year kx125 stuff fit? i plan to strip it down and paint it the frame and weld some tabs on there for the pipe that seem to have rusted and possibly gusset the frame as well. any help would be sweet!

...ebay, craigslist, your favorite message board....I mean...you can get parts all over the place...maybe I dont understand the question?

i mean store wise. like get brand new parts from companies. and also waht plastics firt from what bikes? like do the 1998 plastics fit the 1992? and waht can i do about the front fender? can i get a smaller one from like a 250f?? thanks

hey i just went and saw this bike and put a deposite on it becasue to me it seemed like a good deal. so the plastics look a little rought and needs some tlc but over all its mechanically sound. i wanted to know where i can get parts for it? i wanted to get AVS levers for it but wasnt sure if other year kx125 stuff fit? i plan to strip it down and paint it the frame and weld some tabs on there for the pipe that seem to have rusted and possibly gusse

Try this out go to the oem parts fiche on the left..

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/

bikebandit, oemcycle, cheapcycleparts, motorcyclesuperstore, servicehonda, you want me to go on? There are a blue million motorcycle parts stores. That 92 is not ancient. Most places will still have parts for it.

great!! but any one know if i can use AVS levers with it??? because i can get some for cheap but its for a later yeat kx 125.

Use the parts fiche given in a previous post to find the part number for your lever. Then look up that part number and see what other bike use the same levers.

The clutch is easy as an ASV lever includes the perch. Most of the brake levers are the same even from other manufactures. Check the ASV site they can tell you what years their levers fit.

alright ill do that. you think if it s a universal brake and clutch one and it says it fits 1998-2007 kx 125 it could possibly fit mine right?

92 KX125 - fits a number of different bike from 88-94

SKU: 46092-1148

LEVER-GRIP,FRONT BRAKE

2002 KX125 fits kx125/250 from 2000-2005

SKU: 13236-1346

LEVER-COMP,FRONT BRAKE

I checked the parts fiche and the 98-07 will not fit your 92. I had this same problem when trying to buy ASV levers for a 94 KDX250. You could buy a master cylinder from a 98-07 bike and then the ASV lever would fit. That is what I was going to do but never found one at a price I was willing to pay.

Try this link it works great.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx :crazy:

dam. well if i can get the lever for my clutch ill be set i can just get another stock brake or have my pops mill me one.

and does anyone know where i can get a full plastic kit for my 1991 KX125? i wanted to change the color but i cant seem to find a whole kit.

how can i tell if my shock is blown? residue and oil stuck around it? and i think my shock bearings are going because when i put it on the stand the shock has some play in it.

oily residue is typical of a worn out seal, which lets the oil go by

low nitrogen pressure will cause a leak also

If it is like most 1992 bikes, it really needs a thorough check-out, not just worrying about an ASV lever :crazy:

All together now... "registration?!" :eek:

California Cills me.

Nice 92, Leget!! I've got a blown up one. :crazy: (no, it wasn't me, I bought it that way and it is still that way now) :lol:

tell me about it man.. its kinda really aggravating since its an out of state bike from nevada and oregon..

got everything worked out now and its legal in california! but now im gunna go over it since i found some loose bolts. and while im at it im going to paint or powder coat the frame also i want to polish the swing arm but what should i do to get the surface smooth. and after i polish it could i seal it with clear powder coat? thanks!

hey guys i got the service manual for my bike and i want to try to rebuild the shock in the rear. what should i look for and change out? it looks like there is really only like 2 seals. i mean i wanna do it but maybe it might be better to have a shop do it since i dont have special tools at all. and if i have a shop do it how much should i expect to pay roughly? thanks again!