1992 Kx 125

hey i just went and saw this bike and put a deposite on it becasue to me it seemed like a good deal. so the plastics look a little rought and needs some tlc but over all its mechanically sound. i wanted to know where i can get parts for it? i wanted to get AVS levers for it but wasnt sure if other year kx125 stuff fit? i plan to strip it down and paint it the frame and weld some tabs on there for the pipe that seem to have rusted and possibly gusset the frame as well. any help would be sweet!

hey i just went and saw this bike and put a deposite on it becasue to me it seemed like a good deal. so the plastics look a little rought and needs some tlc but over all its mechanically sound. i wanted to know where i can get parts for it? i wanted to get AVS levers for it but wasnt sure if other year kx125 stuff fit? i plan to strip it down and paint it the frame and weld some tabs on there for the pipe that seem to have rusted and possibly gusse

Try this out go to the oem parts fiche on the left..

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/

bikebandit, oemcycle, cheapcycleparts, motorcyclesuperstore, servicehonda, you want me to go on? There are a blue million motorcycle parts stores. That 92 is not ancient. Most places will still have parts for it.

Use the parts fiche given in a previous post to find the part number for your lever. Then look up that part number and see what other bike use the same levers.

The clutch is easy as an ASV lever includes the perch. Most of the brake levers are the same even from other manufactures. Check the ASV site they can tell you what years their levers fit.

92 KX125 - fits a number of different bike from 88-94

SKU: 46092-1148

LEVER-GRIP,FRONT BRAKE

2002 KX125 fits kx125/250 from 2000-2005

SKU: 13236-1346

LEVER-COMP,FRONT BRAKE

I checked the parts fiche and the 98-07 will not fit your 92. I had this same problem when trying to buy ASV levers for a 94 KDX250. You could buy a master cylinder from a 98-07 bike and then the ASV lever would fit. That is what I was going to do but never found one at a price I was willing to pay.

Try this link it works great.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx :crazy:

• 1 month later...

got everything worked out now and its legal in california! but now im gunna go over it since i found some loose bolts. and while im at it im going to paint or powder coat the frame also i want to polish the swing arm but what should i do to get the surface smooth. and after i polish it could i seal it with clear powder coat? thanks!

hey guys i got the service manual for my bike and i want to try to rebuild the shock in the rear. what should i look for and change out? it looks like there is really only like 2 seals. i mean i wanna do it but maybe it might be better to have a shop do it since i dont have special tools at all. and if i have a shop do it how much should i expect to pay roughly? thanks again!