The new piston is here, ring gap?

Ordered it on Tuesday afternoon from Wiseco, was delivered on Wednesday. As far as the rings go, do I have to put them in the barrel (without the piston) and measure the gap before install? Or can I just put it together and don't worry about that? And should I coat all the parts with oil, (2-stroke) premix or equivalent? Any other tips on the install process would be appreciated.

yes,definately check the gap.it is probably fine,but do check.i assemble my stuff dry if im going to start it right up.

Don't you have to HONE/Prep the cylinder before you put the new piston in? :):D :D

What should the gap be? And is that for all the rings?

Don't you have to HONE/Prep the cylinder before you put the new piston in?

not with a plated cylinder!

What should the gap be? And is that for all the rings?

it usually .002-.004 per inch of bore.there should be a little pink sheet with the rings in the box that will say.

i beleive mine is set up at .012.that it for the rings.should be ready to go!make sure sure gasket surfaces are spot less!install gaskets dry.cleanliness is godlyness when building motors.when in doubt clean it again.when you finish washing the cylinder with hot water and soap use a white rag to wipe out the inside.keep cleaning it unitl the rag no longer looks dirty when your wiping it out.

The yosh instructions calls for cking the ring gap 9mm below the top of the cylinder and should be .02mm to .03mm. This must be a typo. According to my feeler gages .0015 is equivalant to .038mm so the ring gap should be less than .0015 in. Mine were approx. .008~.010 which would be approx. .200mm to .300mm NOT .02mm. Stick aring in the cylinder from the top and slide it down a little. Slide the piston up from the bottom to approx. 9mm to set the ring square in the cylinder and take a measurement. IMO, anywhere between .008in to .012 in would be fine.. :)