June 14 SJER Dual Sport,NJ

how strict are they about inspection sticker and blinkers? i'm enduro "legal"

From what I have seen in past years the club itself is pretty lax just don't attract attention to yourself by having a loud bike.

Now the State police on the other hand...

There has been a "special enforcement detail" at the last few enduros checking to see if the plates on suspect bikes match the VIN #s. Or at least writing down plate and VIN #s to send back to DMV. If the numbers don't come back as being issued that plate rumor has it that you will get a "Request" to surrender the plate even if it is registered to you but for another bike. Failure to comply results in a "request" to surrender your license and loss of registration privileges for ALL vehicles.

Legally you don't need blinkers for inspection in Jersey... when they ask for signals you can give hand signals.

yeah... i've noticed that at the past couple enduros. my plate and vin match and i run the stock can with a silent insert so i'm usually around 90 dbs.

what about your clubs dual sport run? just as lax?

yeah... i've noticed that at the past couple enduros. my plate and vin match and i run the stock can with a silent insert so i'm usually around 90 dbs.

what about your clubs dual sport run? just as lax?

Yeah pretty much... just as long as it looks and sounds legal it must be:thumbsup:

Once again that don't mean you're not going to get stopped by a LEO and checked once you are out on the course.

Our Dual Sport this year will be one for the books... it's on Halloween and there has already been mention of "special surprises" need I say more?

I'm a member of the club. It's likely that the NJ State Police will be at the start. SOP at most NJ dualsports these days.

The trails are looking real good. If you can make it out you'll definitely have a great ride.

I ran the scrub pine enduro this year- i could not believe all the state police I saw- but- I did not see them stop any one- but there had to be 3 or 4 riding around the pit area. Must be they have solved all other crime in NJ so they want to make sure all bikes have a plate!

I'm sure that as soon as they've solved all the murders, robberies, rapings, etc. they'll swing by the gun club and have a look around. They'll get to the politicans the following Monday I guess.

there were state police at the pine hill enduro checking plates. they didnt seem to friendly either i got a real bad vibe from them. i think its their way of making people uncomfortable. i dont think my plate should be checked without probable cause.

Just a quick up date- the rain held off- the trails were perfect- NO dust - some mud- cool temps. This was my 1st dual sport run, the club did a great job, the course was very well marked, 70% single track some was brand new. Hero section was fun. Again thank to the club for a great event!

PS Came around one turn and the State Forrest Police were there with 3 jeeps. I did not see them with any one pulled over but others did. But they were out of the cars looking at the bikes as they went by.