Baffled by baffle

I am going to ask a question that, quite frankly, I am too embarassed to ask in person. What is the baffle on a 426 exhaust? I have the plug that it came with from the factory that fits on the end of the exhaust and the spark arrestor that fits inside the muffler. Are one of these also called a baffle? Sorry for my stupidity. Longtime rider, NOT a mechanic, but willing to learn.

That removable plug in the end of the exhaust pipe is the baffle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now