2005 Honda FatCat 450R :)

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! The negative words are ok too, I don't intend on pleasing everyone, just me!!!

The bike is gone! I sold it to a real nice guy up in Washington. Him and his sons plan to throw some sand around near their property in the Coos Bay area with it.

I'm going to take what I learned building this one and start another bike after the first of the year. Even though this one turned out great, there are a couple things I'd like to try to make an even better one.

Thanks again everyone! Look for a new buildup post early next year :bonk:

Happy riding :bonk:

Mike

• 2 years later...
Ok, I know this is an ancient thread but have you got a link to any follow up projects of a similar nature?

Hi, I've not had the oportunity to build another one yet. I've collected most of the parts, just need to buy another dirtbike to convert. The economy bit me in the butt pretty hard the last couple years, haven't had the extra money layin around....

I am starting some new projects, they can be seen at http://www.moto-mule.com the dune bike is pictured there as well.

Thanks,

Mike

• 5 months later...

That machine is awesome! I've been inspired since I first saw this post, and am determined to build my own (or die trying). I have decided to cheat a little bit by using a Honda 350X 3-wheeler for the project. I have limited access to a mill, so having the front end already set up is a big head start.

Can you share any tips, lessons learned, words of wisdom, advice, recommendations, etc?

Can you share any pics of your new endeavors?

Thanks!

P.S. "mmtroop616" obviously doesn't know how to have any fun.

Edited by aametalworks

That machine is awesome! I've been inspired since I first saw this post, and am determined to build my own (or die trying). I have decided to cheat a little bit by using a Honda 350X 3-wheeler for the project. I have limited access to a mill, so having the front end already set up is a big head start.

Can you share any tips, lessons learned, words of wisdom, advice, recommendations, etc?

Can you share any pics of your new endeavors?

Thanks!

P.S. "mmtroop616" obviously doesn't know how to have any fun.

Thanks, I really liked that bike and every time I make it to the sand I kick myself for selling it.... I keep wanting to build another but other projects keep this one on the backburner..

I would check the amount of trail on the 3wheeler. If I remember correctly the trikes had very little or no trail in their steering setup. This could make for a very sketchy ride on a 2wheeler! When the missle kit was popular many people reported it as being unstable at speed, if they have too little trail this could be why.