07 DRZ400s clock resets back to 1:00 when ignition is turned off

Every time I turn off the ignition switch, my clock will reset back to 1:00. All other displays such as trip A and B continue to read correctly only the clock seems to be a problem. Is there a replaceable battery in the instrument pod? Thanks in advance for any help.

You have a power issue with the Red wire going to the instrument. Confirm power is at the Red wire (all the time, ie, key 'Off'), if it isalways 'hot' you may have a bad solder joint inside the unit.

Are you the first owner? Sometimes people cut the continuous power wire to the cluster so it doesn't run your battery down as fast.

Since it seems this just got answered I'll ask...

Is there a way to set my clock to non-military time?

NO...There is no way to change it...

I'm at work now so I can't check the red wire, but it started happening after I changed out my battery earlier this year. I am the 2nd owner of this bike and the clock DID keep time prior to replacing the battery. The old battery just would not keep a charge after a few days of not riding. BTW, charging system is good on the bike with no issues with new battery discharging.

Have had the same problem on battery disconnect / reconnect .After setting the time push the mode-time button or this time (1:00) will occur on next ignition on.

i have the same problem. nothing in the wiring has changed, but the problem started when my battery went dead and i had to rejuice it. now it resets the time and switches back to mph from kph every time my bike shuts off. the only thing i read that makes sense is that a connection has failed in the circuit board. any one else found reference to this or manages to find a fix? i don't want to shell out $250 for another dash cluster...

13 hours ago, dangerboydesign said:

$250 for another dash cluster...

You could go Trailtech!