Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Stewart and Windham?

First queastion, if James were to enter at Hight Point, and run rest of series (I'm sure unchallenged) would he have enough points to win the championship?

2nd: I wonder if Windham is kicking himself in the a** everyday about his national choice. I know he could have already won a chamionship outdoors if he would have tried, and now I believe he has to sit by and watch another championship fly out the window. He may like the supercross, but he doesn't possess the skills to be a supercross champion, so wouldn't an outdoor championship pay better than a 5th place supercross?

If he shows up at rd 4, there's 450pts left. So if he wins every moto and scores 450 pts he would not have a good shot. Reed has 111pts right now. If Reed finishes 2nd the rest of the season he would end the season with 507 pts. If he finishes 3rd every moto, he will have 471pts. If Reed finishes 4th every moto (435pts), James would win the title.

JS is not on the High Point entry list FWIW.

When KDub and Reed were both racing the outdoors, Reed beat him consistently.

If he shows up at rd 4, there's 450pts left. So if he wins every moto and scores 450 pts he would not have a good shot. Reed has 111pts right now. If Reed finishes 2nd the rest of the season he would end the season with 507 pts. If he finishes 3rd every moto, he will have 471pts. If Reed finishes 4th every moto (435pts), James would win the title.

JS is not on the High Point entry list FWIW.

When KDub and Reed were both racing the outdoors, Reed beat him consistently.

2003 1 RC

2 KW

This year was all RC and KW, Reed was a non-issue

2004 1 RC 550

2 CR 432

3 KW 426

Through Steel City, cant get the AMA archive to open for GH this year. Reed has far more 2nds than KW. I didn't add the points but Reed gains several more from last race at GH.

2005 1 RC 594

2 KW 485

8 CR 258

KW had more 2nds than Reed and a win this year. Reed ended his season early

2006 1 RC 539

2 KW 407

6 CR 333

Reed got the better of KW more this season (not dramatically) but another early exit.

2007 Reed only raced Budds Creek

2008 No Reed No Windham

I was a bit surprised...I didnt remember Reed's outdoor showing being this poor. Pretty definite that JBS is the only guy that could come in at this point and take the title provided Reed continues as is and makes it all 12 races...his history would create some doubt as to whether that will happen. I would agree that KW would probably be even with Reed at best if he ran the whole season.

good info...Reeds outdoor career has been less than spectacular. Definitely not Mr. Consistent. Head to head, I believe Reed is faster than KDub. Especially with that 09 bike KDub rides. Both the tall Honda riders DM and KW complained about the new bike.

First queastion, if James were to enter at Hight Point, and run rest of series (I'm sure unchallenged) would he have enough points to win the championship?

2nd: I wonder if Windham is kicking himself in the a** everyday about his national choice. I know he could have already won a chamionship outdoors if he would have tried, and now I believe he has to sit by and watch another championship fly out the window. He may like the supercross, but he doesn't possess the skills to be a supercross champion, so wouldn't an outdoor championship pay better than a 5th place supercross?

i want to pick your words apart. i think kevin windham has SKILL but he seems like he would rather be around family than train and be in shape. not that being around family is a bad thing. i just think his performance suffers because i dont think he trains(fitness AND more time on the practice track) like stewart and reed do. but i really do think now is the time. for windham to try for another championship. who knows maybe if reed is pushed he'll just sit back and take a 2nd place in the championship because his sx career is more important than pushing it and getting hurt outdoors?

But again, for windham, wouldn't an outdoor championship pay better than his top 10 supercross?

But again, for windham, wouldn't an outdoor championship pay better than his top 10 supercross?

i would think so. but maybe not. wouldnt mcgrath, bubba, reed and whoever else with sx only contracts be trying to win the outdoors? if i had the chance to win an extra million or so for winning an outdoors chamionship on top of how good i do during sx, i'd give it a try.

Think about it. Simple math. Windham is trying to extend his career. Mx is much harder on the body. Several SX seasons vs a couple full seasons will pay far more in the long run.

I would bet top ten in SX pays about as much as 2nd or 3rd outdoors. I don't think Windham has any championships in him at this point.

good info...Reeds outdoor career has been less than spectacular. Definitely not Mr. Consistent. Head to head, I believe Reed is faster than KDub. Especially with that 09 bike KDub rides. Both the tall Honda riders DM and KW complained about the new bike.

they complained about the bike? whats wrong with it?

Didn't say specifically. But had a hard time getting comfortable enough to go all out. On the other side, Short said he liked the bike a lot but he's a shorter guy.

stewart did that on a 125 , missed the first three rounds and won every moto after but didnt win the title

windam didnt win the 2007 ama title , 5th place actually

I believe Windham might have had a shot, or could have given it a go this year. I believe he is at a point in his career where it is about not getting injured and keeping the cash rolling in. You can tell he does not push it anymore. I believe when he was in his prime if he would have trained hard he could have had some titles. I still wish he would get a title on a big bike but his chances are getting slim.

KDub really should have raced outdoors this year. Knowing how things have gone thus far; the title would have been his.

KDub really should have raced outdoors this year. Knowing how things have gone thus far; the title would have been his.

He should have raced SX 2 yrs ago too.....I mean really raced not just lined up and went around the track.

Well I was cheering him on but he just came up a little shy. I think he could probably take Reed outdoors. But then again we haven't really seen anything lately to prove that. It would have been nice to see him out there.