Sign in to follow this  

How much is it worth? MY KX250

Hey fellas,

I'm putting my 2005 KX 250 up for sale this weekend and looking for your opinions on how much I should ask for her.

As you can see, she is near showroom mint and has 2 trail rides on it since new.

The only parts that are not original & stock on it are a set of Renthals, a works connection glide plate, twin air filter and an n-style red full gripper seat cover.

What do you think would be a fair price?

276545617_o.jpg

276545507_o.jpg

276545441_o.jpg

$5800 to $6200 US Dollars. :thumbsup:

The 2005 to 2007 KX250s are really good!!! I am keeping my 05. It's one of the best 2 strokes I've had, ever. It does everything pretty good.

But seriously I would check your local Craigs List, Cycle Trader, etc., and see what comparable bikes are selling for in your area. Your bike is cherry so you should price yours at the very high end of what comparable models are selling for in your area. Your bike looks new. Sweet Ride !!!

Those are some generous numbers you guys are stating. Unfortunately, where I'm from the market is small for dirtbikes.

I did some searching to compare and posted it on craigslist for $3000.

So far I had one guy who wanted to trade me a jetski + cash and 3 other bogus financial scam replies.

I'm going to put it on ebay this week. I'd be happy with $3k but would drop it a bit further if someone was a serious buyer with cash in hand.

I think that's more than fair for a bike that's practically brand new.

Thanks for the replies

the bike may be worth 3 grand but the problem is finding "WHO" will spend 3 grand on a 250. 2 strokes like that by me 03 and up go for like 1900 and i keep seeing there listings and there clean bikes, just now days "WHO" has 3 grand to spend on a bike. good luck:ride: I had 2500 and got a crf450 then picked up an 06 yz450 for 3:ride:

The bike has been sold to the first looker on Craigslist. It was hard saying goodbye.

did you sell it for what you wanted for it, that was a quick sale. what you gona get next:ride:

Yes, I got what I wanted for it. Very quick sale... I put it up on Saturday and it was gone on Monday night.

My next bike will most likely be a Husky Dual Sport. There's really nowhere to ride (legally) off road within 4 hrs from where I live unless you race mx, which I don't.

With a dual sport, at least I can take it out for a couple hours after work and hit the back roads and some legal, plated only, trails. Then on the weekends I can strip it down to real off road mode and trailer it to wherever.

thats cool you got what you wanted out of it....only if i had 1800 bucks right now id be picking up an 05 kx250 by me its clean as hell i like my 450s but man do i miss the smell of my 2 strokes

Congratulations on selling it for what you wanted for it. If you don't mind me asking, what did it sell for? Thanks.

Thanks. All said and done I got $3k for it but that includes the sale of my used boots and chest protector.

I really can't complain, especially with today's economy and there being nowhere to legally ride around here.

I'm looking forward to getting my 2010 Husky Dual Sport. I'll be able to get far more use out of it :thumbsup:

That thing was clean!

Here in vegas theres been alot of ppl selling their 2-strokes for 2-3k all 05s and up for the most part.