Inside or outside?

Please forgive my ignorance but as a newbee to the sport of trail riding, I'm looking to you experts for some guidance.

Do you wear your safety protection... chest protector, elbow and knee guards on the outside of your pants and shirt or on the inside?

I think it mostly comes down to preference on comfort. However certain safety gear is made to go below or above. If you post a picture or link to the gear you have, someone could tell you what way to wear certain gear.

Welp...the one time I actaully wrecked hard, I was in full gear....Chest protector, Elbow pads...knee pads. I still got air lifted outa there. I guess the protection helped but if you go down to hard you are still gonna get messed up.

I personally only wear a helmet, unless I feel like riding balls out. If you are just starting, I would recommend full gear. Once you feel confident then you can decide how hard you feel like riding on any given day and dress accordingly. Or course, when you start feeling too confident is about the time ya eat it good.

chest = outside

knee = inside

elbow = either way

KIDNEY BELT = either way

Or course, when you start feeling too confident is about the time ya eat it good.

Couldn't have put it better. Keeps your head fitting inside your helmet.:thumbsup:

Ok, like said before it depends on the gear, also knee/shin guards on the insde.

If you post a picture or link to the gear you have, someone could tell you what way to wear certain gear.

Thanks!

For the time being I'll be wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. I'm only trail riding not racing and no competition, either.

I'm looking at this chest protector from motorcycle-superstore. You add the dot com after the word store and place it here. The server is deleting it.

<http://www.**************************/2/6/10/14969/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Profile-Roost-Deflector.aspx>

I have not looked at the elbow or knee guards as yet. Figure I'll see how the first few rides go.

Chest = over jersey

Elbow/knee = under jersey/pants

Kidney= inside waistband, but over tucked in jersey

Personally I wear my flak jacket under my jersey. It is comfortable and IMO looks a little better. It also feel cooler on hot days. That may just be my imagination but, seems cooler.

Chest = over jersey

Elbow/knee = under jersey/pants

Kidney= inside waistband, but over tucked in jersey

+1 :thumbsup: I know your a newbie SCOOTERSPAL so, welcome to the site! on the other hand, there is multiple threads on this enter it in the search forum or you could dig a little. not bustin balls just letting you know