Building a flat track bike

Looking to build a flat bike.

Been watching for years and years, getting my son into the peewee class, and starting to think about getting into it myself.

Looking at a tt500, or a xt500.

I don't want to get into a huge building project at this time, but would like to convert an existing bike into a flat tracker.

Anyone have any recommendations?

What frame is the best for the least mods?

Thanks for any insight!

cheeper to get one all done, my tt500 was 1800$ stock mod frame and jemco. saw one the other day for 800$ i think its still for sale. yamaha stuff is still easy to get. keep an eye on the vintage flat track site,posted link yesterday.

cheeper to get one all done, my tt500 was 1800$ stock mod frame and jemco. saw one the other day for 800$ i think its still for sale. yamaha stuff is still easy to get. keep an eye on the vintage flat track site,posted link yesterday.

Maybe we are talking about different sites, because I dont see one on there.

I was refering to vft.org, what site were you?

that be the one,just wait for one to show up. the one i saw last week is in CT. think i can track it down,friend of a friend.

Let me know if you have a link or any info.

I don't mind driving for the right bike and price :worthy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm just wondering, why do you need to mod the frame to FT? (I am just looking into flattracking and I have a few questions.. this is one.. sorry for the obvious NEWB question..)

the biggest ting is pulling the head angle back to the mid 20 degree mark(24-26 degrees. It will corner much better than stock rake.

• Like 1