Coisy apologizes...hahaha

I suspect this is the real problem...

I would say so. Looks like they were just trying to find a reason to not pay him for the rest of the year, and it is apparent that Coisy might understand that too since he has a lawyer involved in the situation.

He couldn't race because he injured his shoulder supposedly, but he was ok to play golf? It may sound petty but if I'm paying someone to rehab from a shoulder injury so they can get back on the bike and said racer is out golfing with his wife, I would fire him as well. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I think he is an idiot playing golf when he injured his shoulder joint, golf puts crazy stresses on an injured shoulder. I also think that firing him is extreme, unless the team is broke, I think monetary punishment is more in line.

The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc... players get fined big bucks all of the time for doing stupid shit.

I think Makita/Suzuki has an opening!

MAX!!!

I think he is an idiot playing golf when he injured his shoulder joint, golf puts crazy stresses on an injured shoulder. I also think that firing him is extreme, unless the team is broke, I think monetary punishment is more in line.

The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc... players get fined big bucks all of the time for doing stupid shit.

I think Makita/Suzuki has an opening!

MAX!!!

:worthy: Agreed

He couldn't race because he injured his shoulder supposedly, but he was ok to play golf? It may sound petty but if I'm paying someone to rehab from a shoulder injury so they can get back on the bike and said racer is out golfing with his wife, I would fire him as well. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Yep I agree unless it was part of his rehab then he opened himself up to it. If I was on a workman's comp claim and got busted playing a round I'm sure they would have a nice fraud charge waiting for me.

Ditto. It's sorta like "calling in sick" and going to the beach to sunbath and drink margaritas all day... wait, I do that all the time. I should be fired!

Any shoulder injury, especially one from keeping you do your job, you should NOT be playing golf! like someone else here said, golf puts alot of stress on your shoulders. Ive even played golf before and a freind who was heathly and in shape injured his rotator cuff on a swing one time.

If the teams budget wasnt in jeopardy then he probably would have just got a slap on the wrist, but with the state of their financial situation it was an oppertunity to cut cost.

Its been 8 years since my last bad crash on a bike, resulting in a seperated shoulder and broken collar bone. I try and play golf once a week in the summer, and every time I play my shoulder is sore as hell for a couple days after...8 years later! I suspect that the team might be hurting for money, but this was a stupid move on his part. So I'd say the real reason he got fired is for being a dumbass.