Oregon Back Country ride in 2003

Rock: ?

I gotta tell ya, for a guy who was raised riding in the SoCal desert it is a special thrill to remove fern parts from your motorcycle after riding the most beautiful trails I have ever seen. Awesome riding and even better fishing makes for a great place in my book.

This picture was taken near Deer Creek in Douglas County. No where near the trail your talking about, but if this is what the riding is like where your going then count me in.

OR_02.jpg

Hey Ron in SoCal.

Do you still have that GPS track log data you posted? Could you please e-mail the data in MapSource format. I would like to check it out in more detail.

Since you're apparently a GPS geek too check this out.

http://gps.chrisb.org/gps_mapper.htm

Garmin GPS map hack

I am currently in the process up adding all the NFS road data from Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead into the Road and Recreation base map. I could use some help with this project.

Hey WR400Rock,

I am interested in riding Oregon. What dates are you thinking of?

Ron,

Hate to disappoint you, but eastern oregon is very similar to the So Cal deserts, except for the flora and fauna. It is desert. Doubt you'd see a fern, only on the west slope of the cascades and the west side of the state. Or so I think.

Zak,

Would have to be June-September, elevations of 4-6k.

Hope I haven't created a monster here, but if we could get 10+ riders I think we'd be doing great.

[ September 12, 2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: WR400Rock ]

Can I bring my own ferns?

Dan,

Hey man, this town is only big enough for one serious GPS geek. LOL. Have you given that ride a try? And how did you get a plate on that 426?? I'm jealous.

Here is the track log (save to disk): http://www.h2ooh.com/gps/landers.mps

We should start a new thread on GPS stuff and exchange waypoints and tracks. You never know who might have tons of track logs out there.

Hi Ron,

My bike is walking the fine line of legality by the graces of the DMV and subject to change at anytime.

Never rode Eastern Oregon but have been on the Beach in Coos Bay many years ago.

As for the GPS stuff on TT that is strictly up the the Moderators if the want the care and feeding of another forum.

Check your PMs

Hey Rock,

Your time frame sounds good for next year. Have you ever done anything like this before? Ride logistics can be a nightmare even when everything goes OK.

Zak,

Have ridden several multi day long distance rides, but have never facilitated one. But I'm up for it and willing to at least look at the logistics, within reason. This one might present some challenges. Have traveled in eastern oregon may times, and have some questions about availability of gas in the lower section.

?

I just got the last 2 map books in a set of 4 for the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route. And I am dying to ride this route. I do plan on doing some sections soon on my KTM Adventure, And from the maps it appears to 4x4 roads, some 2 track, some gravel and some single track.

If you want to see some awesome pics of the ride/terrain and a litte info check out www.cycoactive.com on this page click on the link to motorcycles on the middle right, the look to the bottom right of the mountain/bike pic for cyco ride, click on OBDR2000.

I saw this link and this is what made me buy a KTM Adventure dualsport. I have yet to ride the route, but would be interested in doing a multi day ride.