Not Pro Racing but a good story!

OffRoad

So I decided to race my first motocross race ever two weeks ago. Being that I learned to ride kinda late, I rather keep the wheels on the ground as much as possible but the track is pretty easy so I went for it. I am decent offroad rider(maybe a slow B rider) so when I showed up I signed up in the B class because I hate sandbaggers. I downloaded the bike and the people started staring at my bike with the big tank, stand and push start button. Some cool youngsters walked by with their girlfriends and asked me if I was doing a 24 hour race(I guess because of the tank). It just happened that they were racing against me so when we lined up, all I could think of was payback! The funny thing is, they were C riders but because nobody else signed up in the B class, they made me race the C class but scored separately(They didn't know this). To make things worst (for them), they were all in 450's and I was on my trusty 320XC-F. Not only I got the holeshot, I also beat them all. I got first in the B class(Im not bragging, I was by myself) but I did finish 2nd overall. Guess what, yeap, there was a sandbagger in the C class. All in all, it was funny to go back to my truck and tell the guys how embarrassed they must feel, getting beat by an offroad bike in front of their girls!:worthy: Great day!

567270099_m55jk-O.jpg

567270194_2mPsK-O.jpg

Nice job! I'm an offroad guy at heart but thinking about entering a MX just for

the hell of it.

Did you run the handguards and all? All my MX buddies try to give me a hard time

for running the big tank and handguards. I find it funny how I can pass half of

them!

Nice job!

I always think it's funny when I show up at an MX track (this isn't often though) and I'm the only person with a skidplate, wrap around handguards and a spark arrester. I just need an oversize tank and I really stick out. :lol:

I'll be trying my first purely motocross race in a week, should be funny with all my off road stuff on sitting on the gate. I'm looking forward to it! :worthy:

Try showing up to one with a dual sport kit. People really looked at me weird having a CRF450R dual sport at a track, the blinkers are fun to mess around with on a track.

Nice job! I'm an offroad guy at heart but thinking about entering a MX just for

the hell of it.

Did you run the handguards and all? All my MX buddies try to give me a hard time

for running the big tank and handguards. I find it funny how I can pass half of

them!

I ran with everything on, the only thing I didn't have was the skidplate because I changed the oil at the last minute before heading to the race and didn't have time to put it back on. I had a great time. The first race was hard as I was nervous and I got a bad case of arm pump but the second was great. I think I will do it more often. I'm going to throw a head light on for the next one.:worthy:

Are you going to run the next race this weekend? I'll be in the C class, and definitely not a sandbagger by any stretch. I ride an RMZ450 and get smoked by my 10 y/o kids on their 85's all the time, so getting beat by someone on an XC bike won't hurt my feelings at all. Hope to see you Saturday.

Haha, congrats dude! By the way, what track is that?

It is Gordon Park Speedway in Augusta. It's a pretty small, fun track located in the infield of a dirt oval racetrack. It was a pretty easy track, but they just expanded it with a whole arenacross style section with a big whoops section, a rythym section, and a big catapult jump making it a much more technical track. They have a night racing series starting this Saturday night.

I thought that might have been it. I haven't been but a friend has and said it was pretty fun. I'm about a hour away in washington, so i might have to check that out