It just wasn't right for me . . .

So the DRZ is gone. Don't get me wrong - it's a great bike and I have no regrets about purchasing it. I had initially wanted a DR650, but when I test road the DRZ I ended up buying. But from that point on I kept trying to make it into something it really isn't. There just aren't enough places to make use of it near me. Here is what it looked like before I sold it:

drz2.JPG

And this is what I bought:

1388_10069.JPG?

Not bashing the DRZ in any way, shape or form - it just wasn't right for me. The forum really helped me enjoy it (and spend money on it). But even after only a few miles, the X is a better fit.

I had to tell you guys because if you saw me now and waved I couldn't wave back because, you know, I have a beemer :worthy:

Seriously - thanks for all the help.

AFAIK they are all 2007s. It's an XChallenge (as opposed to the XCountry or XMoto). MaxBMW essentially bought up the entire remaining US inventory and has been selling them off. I think there is only one or two left in their inventory and I have seen a couple others for sale around the country. They discontinued the XChallenge, but still make the XCountry. I think they killed the XMoto as well.

I've heard some people having relatively minor issues most of which are easily corrected. Kind of like the DRZ (or any other bike I suppose).

$5995 for a brand new, fuel injected, dual sport with a 3 year warranty was too hard to pass up.

It cruises easily at 70mph (other than the wind). Like the DRZ, it's only a 5 speed - but it is a wider ration 5. The specs indicate it is a bit heavier than the DRZ, but I really can't feel it. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, I think modding the X is going to be even more expensive than the Z.

AFAIK they are all 2007s. MaxBMW essentially bought up the entire remaining US inventory and has been selling them off. I think there is only one or two left in their inventory and I have seen a couple others for sale around the country.

I've heard some people having relatively minor issues most of which are easily corrected. Kind of like the DRZ.

$5995 for a brand new, fuel injected, dual sport with a 3 year warranty was too hard to pass up.

It cruises easily at 70mph (other than the wind). The specs indicate it is a bit heavier than the DRZ, but I really can't feel it. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, I think modding the X is going to be even more expensive than the Z.[/QUOTE]

Yeppers....... One of the many reasons I kept the Z.....along with the B...

Congrats.....:worthy:?

Erling

They are good bikes (the DRZs) but I can't blame you I want a BMW too. I think if I got one it would be along Erling's type though a 650/800GS. I pretty much got the DRZ as a starter and absolutely love it but I know that one day it will be replaced with something bigger and better.

Just to geyo started..

It has got the well known rotax engine.

The same one Aprillia uses in the pegaso.

The pegaso has got more horses then the stock/beemer engine...

I believe the diff is the cams..

Let the modding begin..