Sign in to follow this  

rmx 450z

I'm a little surprised there is no talk about the new for 2010 rmx 450z??? I sure wished they would have dual sported it.

I'm a little surprised there is no talk about the new for 2010 rmx 450z??? I sure wished they would have dual sported it.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798330&highlight=rmx450z

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794046&highlight=rmx450z

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797852&highlight=rmx450z

Its still a high maintenance race bike

You could replace the DRZ with it if you want to go from a dualsport to a race bike.

New KLX450 already provides this option.

Its still a high maintenance race bike

You could replace the DRZ with it if you want to go from a dualsport to a race bike.

I agree. I looked at the specs and an E model DRZ weighs about 12 pounds more and we all know that the DRZ engine can be made to produce serious power. That being said, I would rather have a E with Big bore and stone reliability and easy to jet carbs.

this is almost the answer to all our prayers, just no liscense plate or six speed :worthy:

although it will be great to see suzuki with a real contender for the dakar rally!!!!!!

this is almost the answer to all our prayers, just no liscense plate or six speed :worthy:

although it will be great to see suzuki with a real contender for the dakar rally!!!!!!

It really isnt. Many of us are SM riders. A rmz engine just isn't good for thousands of miles worth of tarmac riding.

It really isnt. Many of us are SM riders. A rmz engine just isn't good for thousands of miles worth of tarmac riding.

Its a enduro bike not a road trail or dual sport. It is made for offroad riding Just like WR's, CRFx's, etc etc. it is not recomended for road use.

Its a enduro bike not a road trail or dual sport. It is made for offroad riding Just like WR's, CRFx's, etc etc. it is not recomended for road use.

except for the fact that a few threads talk about it replacing the dr-z

except for the fact that a few threads talk about it replacing the dr-z

Yes I hear you, everyone on here is saying that. This bike is pretty much the RMZ motorcross bike which has been pointed towards enduros.

A motorcross bike compared to a DRZ. A DRZ is one of the most, if not the most reliable, user friendly bike on the market. The RMX is made to race, high performance, high maintenace, close service intervals.

exactly, I ride with my buddy (ktm 450 dual sport), Cool bike but I think he does the topend as much as I do on my rm250. sooo glad i got the drz, almost didn't

doesn't the rmx have different compression and cams? Will that not make the top end lower maintaincnce?

doesn't the rmx have different compression and cams? Will that not make the top end lower maintaincnce?

They have and they will probably last longer than a RMX but the "small block" engine is the same, thus small oil capacity, small and less durable engine components ...

Talked to one of the suz reps yesterday ,and he was converting a rm to sm for racing.

He said there's no info on a supermotard from suzuki , and the drz will be discontinued as it don't pass eu emission tests.

More countries will follow these regulations ,making the marked smaller every year. Look at the dl1000...

Look at the dl1000...

I'd rather not, it hurts my eyes :worthy:

Talked to one of the suz reps yesterday ,and he was converting a rm to sm for racing.

He said there's no info on a supermotard from suzuki , and the drz will be discontinued as it don't pass eu emission tests.

More countries will follow these regulations ,making the marked smaller every year. Look at the dl1000...

I note Australia still get the DRZ E with FCR so I suppose the emissions standards are a bit more lenient there.

For most other countries, you'd think it's only a matter of time before Suzuki are forced, (through emissions standards) to convert the DRZ to FI or discontinue it all together.

Given the demand for a dirtworthy dualsport, my bet is they will upgrade the DRZ to FI and maybe some cosmetic changes, but to maintain it's dualsport reliability, it will still weigh 20kg more than a race orientated 450.

i dont understand a word this guy is saying, but the rmx dual sported is so cool!

What I'd like to know is what parts on this new bike are interchangeable with the DRZ? Specifically, I really like the plastics.

the tires , brake pads and sparck plug

do not mind me I'm just guessing