Sign in to follow this  

pics of my kdx200 blown engine

ok. so i get my bike home

im all excited, i mean this thing is mint, it is very clean. i got it for 270 bucks

it has procircuit pipe- silencer

tech care suspension

sun star sprockets

new brake pads

new maxxis tire

and racing number plate

its very nice

so i cleaned it all up removed the plastic

the engine was seized

1st i removed the ignition cover, took off the fly wheel. it was perfect

2nd i took off the kick starter, the clutch cover, the clutch and that was all perfect

.... i was hoping to find some easy problem:foul:

then i took off my head, and top end.... which came right off, so the piston was not seized

that scard me!!!

so now i thought it was the crank, i took my piston off and there was a bunch of metle shavings in the crank case, come to find out

the reason my engine siezed was my left hand power valve melted and put shavings in my crank case and blew my main bearings, and maybe my crank, im hoping not

2dtbps6.jpg

300hfdl.jpg

2dtbps6.jpg

2ebev4h.jpg

i need alot of parts

its gunna definetly lighten the wallet

ill put pics of the brocken power valve later

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that's not an uncommon occurance for a KDX that wasn't jetted correctly and never had the power valve cleaned. If the stock too-rich jetting is left in, the power valve will becaome so gunked up with carbon that the drum valves will seize, stripping the gears from the actuator rod and sometimes even breaking the valve, as happened with yours.

what should i change the jetting to?

it has a procircuit platinum and procitcuit spark arester??

do i need to change the pilot, main, and needle???

i may port and polish

i am putting in a hot rod crank also

what should i change the jetting to?

it has a procircuit platinum and procitcuit spark arester??

do i need to change the pilot, main, and needle???

i may port and polish

i am putting in a hot rod crank also

Everything you could ever want to know about the KDX is HERE.

that was a steal

Thinking the same thing. Blown engine and all!! :worthy::banana:

Working on them is half the fun.

point taken. I like putting the parts in, yes. I do not like buying the parts so much...

Shop around and you can get good deals on everything you need. I rebuilt my crankshaft with new connecting rod kit and main bearings / seals for about 180 including labor. Splitting cases was not too bad, did it myself. New bearings through the tranny, PRO-X piston and rings, and she's back on the trails.

Good looking bike! Every time I go out on my 89 I fall in love with it all over again. Excellent woods bike. You got a good buy. Even after the rebuild you'll come out in good shape.

J.

try ebay or try buying a whole new engine off ebay you could get a factory engine fully rebuilt for like $400 all together it would cost you $650 so u still got a great deal and you have a new bike thats race worthy.

try ebay or try buying a whole new engine off ebay you could get a factory engine fully rebuilt for like $400 all together it would cost you $650 so u still got a great deal and you have a new bike thats race worthy.

Say what? Show me a factory rebuilt engine for $400. Maybe a used one. Then you get it home and find out it needs rebuilt, so there's another 400.....

best work with what you have. Looks clean and in decent shape. Rebuild will be cheaper than buying new/used.

i would much rather rebuild my own for cheaper. i dont like taking the easy way out. that's no fun...