Weekend ride- 1st ride in the Mts.

Jon and I went riding saturday morning at Slaughterhouse Gluch in CO. It was my first ride on a trail in the mountains. Jon said I did pretty good :worthy: . Along the way we did some Geocaching if you have ever heard of that. It was the first time we did that and it turned out to be a lot of fun even though motorcycle boots are not made for hiking:thumbsdn: but it did help to break mine in though. After finding these geocaches we decided we are going to come up with our own and register them with the website and put them back on our home turf back in NE. Here are some pics from the ride:

101_1128.jpg

Jon riding

101_1120.jpg

Me riding

101_1133.jpg

Some of the scenery

101_1136.jpg

A geocache we found

101_1138.jpg

We found of the geocaches here

Great pics and a gorgeous view. Did you ride up that cliff ? :worthy:

Geocaching looks like a lot of fun. What kind of stuff do you find - is it mostly jokey things?

I broke my boots in by clearing trails -- hiking around definitely does wonders for loosening them up a bit...

Cool - We need to plan another Girls Ride!

Great pics and a gorgeous view. Did you ride up that cliff ? :worthy:

Geocaching looks like a lot of fun. What kind of stuff do you find - is it mostly jokey things?

I broke my boots in by clearing trails -- hiking around definitely does wonders for loosening them up a bit...

Yeah its mostly jokey things...lots of McDonalds happy meal type toys, gloves, flashlights, extension cords, a glue gun, some coasters....just whatever people feel like putting in there.

A glue gun? :worthy: I didn't see an outlet nearby... I guess it's the thrill of the hunt that counts.

We are riding back in NE this weekend for the holiday and will be putting out a cache or 2 somewhere along the trails we ride or in the general vicinity. Here is the website link to look up geocaches near you: http://www.geocaching.com/

It is also a good way to learn how to use your GPS.:worthy:

Cool ! There's a ton near me. We can't ride the bikes on any public land in NY (booooooooo New York :worthy: ) but I got a horse, too, and it could be fun to do it that way...

Our second date was geocaching along Jeep trails. Looks like a fun ride.