DR650 Xtra Plug

Just got a new to me 2005 DR650 - 350 original miles.

I just pulled off the left side cover and right in front of the air box is a white connector about 3/8" inch wide, it has a green/black stripe wire and a red wire. It is not hooked up to anything - wondering what it's purpose is ?

I'd Put a photo in but I don't know how or have any rights to do so>??

Any Ideas???????

Are you sure of the red wire that is has not a black line?

There are two such connectors that should not be connected. both has one green with blue tracer wire and a red with black tracer. Both are only used on older european models. The first is originally used for the neutral switch and the second is used for some kind of resistor. There is also a connector for throttle position not used with a black wire and black with white line. And another with orange and black with white tracer not connected(flasher relay)

Are you sure of the red wire that is has not a black line?

There are two such connectors that should not be connected. both has one green with blue tracer wire and a red with black tracer. Both are only used on older european models. The first is originally used for the neutral switch and the second is used for some kind of resistor. There is also a connector for throttle position not used with a black wire and black with white line. And another with orange and black with white tracer not connected(flasher relay)

Thanks - I suspect that the red wire might have a stripe although I didn't see it - it might be there.

Every thing seems to work and it doesn't seem to have been messed with - basically a new bike.

LBM:ride: