First time on a MX track, I'm a trail rider....

Is there any advise that can be given to me on this topic? It's such a different world MX vs. Trail. I see so many people misjudge jumps and get hurt. I'm on a CRF250 :worthy:

No matter what I'm going out and I'm doing it! Maybe be competitive!:lol:

With that said, any info or where to turn would help so much!

Take it easy your first few laps, and scope out the track. Hold your line and let the faster riders pass you. Just go out and have fun you will have a blast.

two of the biggest problems i see trail riders doing on an MX track, one is black sliding into corners, most trail guy's use to much rear and not enoguh front brake, flowing is the way.

secondly strike up the converation with people around the track, nothing better then having a few mates at the track with you, particulary when your after a few pointers to improve yourself with.

other then that take it easy to start with and have fun, don't try to be as fast as you possibly can, just try to be smooth and focus on technique

two of the biggest problems i see trail riders doing on an MX track, one is black sliding into corners, most trail guy's use to much rear and not enoguh front brake, flowing is the way.

secondly strike up the converation with people around the track, nothing better then having a few mates at the track with you, particulary when your after a few pointers to improve yourself with.

other then that take it easy to start with and have fun, don't try to be as fast as you possibly can, just try to be smooth and focus on technique

So true, i have gone from trail to track this year and my mentality was slide the rear tire around instead of front breaking then powering out.

I am just wondering why my wife couldnt ask me.... Lol!

Baby Girl, You just have to follow me... learn the track, and progress each time you get out there. Set a goal> DO IT> and Set another goal. I can lead you into the jumps the first time so you can learn to judge your speed. We can get you over the Finish line jump the first day. You have to trust me... its so easy to clear and its much easier then casing it! Its big and maybe the face is kinda intimidating, but 3rd pinned on the approach... and let off easy before you leave the lip.

I think that the braking issue is true... I am super Guilty of "woods" tactics at the track... I stand to much for example. You have to go out and try, watch the people who are smooth (dont try to copy, just observe) and dont get frustrated.

DONT FORGET THAT YOU AND I LOVE IT MORE THEN ANYONE. THERE IS NO BAD DAY AT THE TRACK UNLESS YOU MAKE IT ONE. INJURIES HEAL, AND MAKE GOOD STORIES. AND YOU KNOW HOW PUMPED YOUR GONNA BE TO PROGRESS ON A TRACK. Plus your new suspension should do all the work...Lol.

Oh, and I bought you a book for when you get back! Its about how to ride MOTOcross...Lol

May I suggest the best looking babe on a bike thread???:worthy::lol: :lol: Im jk have fun at the track and be sure to report back on how you did:thumbsup:

Ya'll Moto heads watch it:busted: I see motorcrossers sliding the rear end around in off road races or any where. Which is OK becase it wears them out in a hour long race:busted: . Point and shoot riding is NOT the way to do it. Smooth turning is the way.

Just bragging.:worthy:

I'm no expert by any means but just started doing MX a few months ago myself. At first I was overwhelmed then I started trying to get better on only one section at a time. I would try to really work on one section and then take it easy on the rest of the track. This helps me from getting too tired and eventually I'll be able to put the sections together for a fast lap.

I'm no expert by any means but just started doing MX a few months ago myself. At first I was overwhelmed then I started trying to get better on only one section at a time. I would try to really work on one section and then take it easy on the rest of the track. This helps me from getting too tired and eventually I'll be able to put the sections together for a fast lap.

That is an excellent way to go about it. I still do the same thing to this day. I go out and do motos for a while, then I break the track down into different sections and try to go faster on each one at different times. I try different lines, I try to go faster and basically just find ways to go faster in each section. Then I try to link them together again.

Thanks everyone for the great advise! It's really helpful!

I had a dream about racing last night.... It was all one spot... THE STARTING GATE... over and over... :banana:

:::::: sigh ::::::::::

I'm nervous... :worthy:

So you just said to hell with it, I'm going to race, and then entered your first race? Did you practice a lot on the tracks first or just go and enter?

Nope.... I'm going to practice... Have my hubby train me a little and we will go on a practice day and work on each section. I don't wanna die. LOL