Sign in to follow this  

125 or 250?

im 16, 180 lbs and 5' 9". alright so i rode a yfz 450 (quad) for 3 years and it seized and couldent afford the parts so i traded for a 2000 wr 400f, it is my first dirt bike and i rode it about 4 times and i HATE how heavy it is at the end of a ride, so i am going to sell it for a 2 stroke. and i really want to know if i should get a 125 or 250? im not really scared of speed and im pretty strong so i was leaning towards the 250 but im second guessing myself. so i would like some unbiased advise on which one to chose. thanks!

get the 250, its better to ride a 250 and be a little scared then to always be pushing the 125 to the max! I have both bikes at the moment and after riding my girlfreind's 94 cr 125, my 250 feels way better....it's got balls!

• Like 1

i am also 16 and about 6' and weigh 150 lbs i like the way the 125 runs better just because it screams and the power isnt as smooth. my dad has a cr 250 and i ride his sometimes but id prefer mine. but it depends on what your using it for the 250 has more bottom end grunt which means it will pull better in the bottom end of the rpm range so its better for trails. but the 125 is better for just going fast in my opinion

i am also 16 and about 6' and weigh 150 lbs i like the way the 125 runs better just because it screams and the power isnt as smooth. my dad has a cr 250 and i ride his sometimes but id prefer mine. but it depends on what your using it for the 250 has more bottom end grunt which means it will pull better in the bottom end of the rpm range so its better for trails. but the 125 is better for just going fast in my opinion

True. If you're doing more woods riding, and you're a pretty strong kid, the 250 would be a better choice. If you like to wring the t!ts off a bike and do track riding, the 125 might be more fun. If you do any sand or dune riding however, you'll need the 250, no question.:worthy:

A 250. You would want more power. But see if you can ride somebody's bike at the track.

we dont have any tracks near where we live, but i do a lot of dune riding with my sister. and a lot of trail riding with my friends

i think ive found the bike i need. 250

thanks for the input

im going to trade for a 2000 cr 250 on tuesday next week

hope it wont fall through looks like a nice bike

I had a 2000 cr 250...bike was a rocket and alot of fun. Currently ride a 02 yz125 with no regrets.

i just sold my 04yz250 to get a 06yz125, couldnt be happier with the decision, this little bike is pretty potent...i ride mainly track tho

Im 6'1 180 pounds and ride a 04 yz125

ive ridden an 05 yz250 and a 08 crf450. Yes the 450 and 250 have the power u always want, the 125 will make u a better rider. So id say get the 125 and learn on it for a year or so and then go out and get a 250 or 450. I ride in the desert and yes theres sections where a 450 will blow me away but theres also the sections where the lightness of a 125 makes u the faster rider.

alright so ive decided i want a 250 2t and this is the bike the guy wants to trade me for my 2000 wr 400f

its a 2000 cr 250r

2j2wyn7.jpg11gpnhv.jpg14smglt.jpg2hh3fxk.jpg2ebsk6d.jpg33y6gjr.jpg64jq85.jpg

Sounds like a good plan. The guys recommending the 125 are forgetting that you ride some dunes...you'll fry the 125 in the dunes, even jetted appropriately.:worthy:

yea good point helem hair

and i dont ride track whatsoever

and im goingg to go to the dunes 5-10 times this year so i want a 250

well my wr isnt in the best condition

the pipe is dented and battered pretty good

and the cr250 looks pretty clean and in better shape than mine