1999 rm250 suspension questions

Couple suspension questions, first off i m currently using a manual that was copyrighted 2003. i found it laying around the interweb. clymers on the way.

How high do people mount the fork tubes on 99/2000 rm250? i just matched mine to what they were originally at. there was a notch at about that height.

The manual i am currently using mentions highspeed and low speed damping. The stuff i have looks different. I assume there is only one overall adjustment for compression damping on this setup not including rebound. Is that correct? I used the number of clicks for my standard setting as quoted in the manual (7). The silver outer nut doesnt seem to me to be any type of adjustment. if it was it was tightened clockwise. why bother punching it? reference only?

i wish i new who the original owner was. is the linkage upgraded? "Devol" or is that stock?

lastly, my latest video effort on youtube:

it is real HD so feel free to turn that on.

You really need to find a manual that covers your '99. Suzuki did a major upgrade on the RM250 in 2001, so you need to back up before that.

If there's a notch at the level where you set the forks, then you should be perfect.

Your shock only has a low speed adjustment. The larger "nut" is for removing the valve assembly, don't mess with it unless you have released all of the pressure from the shock!!!

That "DEVOL" link is aftermarket. As to exactly what it did, you will need to look up their catalog and figure it out. It could be a lowering link and it could be for changing the link rates, the catalog should be able to clue you in.

Excellent videos!, although you do need to buy some MX boots.... Either way, those videos have to be the clearest videos I've ever seen on uTube. What camera and editing software did you use? And did you have to compress the files to get them uploaded into uTube?

Thanks for the info zig06. Clymers on the way ;-) very next purchase. Boots right after that or pants would be nice. I normally ride with decent leather work boots and theyre definitely on my list. I am very curious about my suspension. I dont know enough about the bike to know what is "normal" or not. It was not taken care of very well and has plenty of needs. I had the privilege of riding with a fellow that owns a Husqvarna shop and races hare type stuff actually his son races that stuff. I ate it a couple times in front of him, after all the ribbing though he said my suspension definitely needed work as the rear of the bike kept kicking up on me. For now just thought i d mess with the stock settings (is that stock rear suspension gear? its labeled pro-action so i doubt it which throws me off even more) and jetting to settle the transition/hit on lower speed approaches to jumps if possible.

Thanks for the comments on the video. My camera is a canon hv30. theres actually a bit of a cult following. people that know what they are doing can make really cool stuff with them. http://www.hv20.com/ (hv20 and hv30 are probly like the 99-00 rm 250 as far as changes) i use Adobe stuff, Premiere mostly After Effects when i have time to try. got lucky with my settings in the color shots of that video.

Almost every video site now is recommending h.264 for compressing. that is available native in premiere cs3. so compressing for youtube, facebook, vimeo HD is pretty much a preset. provided everything else is in decent shape. All that slowmo though was a chore and a great learning experience. Record in 30i convert in after effects to 24p and slow down then take it back to premiere to finish the edit and export.

is just one month earlier. same camera. thats me on the red 82 xr250. a friend brought it over and said lets go ride one night. friends like that really rock. anyway i got my RM a couple weeks later and started to work on slow motion in earnest.