Mounting Footpegs

has anyone ever tried to mount stock footpegs on sx/ecx/sxf whatever..

i tried my best but could not put em on. no way to place the spring in the right position. anyone any tips or tricks????

thanx rob

my method is to place the peg into position. then take a skinny screwdriver and start it in the bottom hole in the bracket but not penetrating all the way through the bottom of the hole in the peg. then push the spring in as far as you can and use the screw driver to pry it into place. then you can push the pin in from the top.

it's kind of hard to explain in text, one of those things that if someone shows you it's really easy to understand.

my method is to place the peg into position. then take a skinny screwdriver and start it in the bottom hole in the bracket but not penetrating all the way through the bottom of the hole in the peg. then push the spring in as far as you can and use the screw driver to pry it into place. then you can push the pin in from the top.

it's kind of hard to explain in text, one of those things that if someone shows you it's really easy to understand.

thanx anyway bro!!!!

It's been a long time ago, but it seem the last I did this I used a zip tie, or safety wire to hold the spring compressed until I got the pin in. Then cut it off.

It's been a long time ago, but it seem the last I did this I used a zip tie, or safety wire to hold the spring compressed until I got the pin in. Then cut it off.

thats how i finally got them mounted.....

thanx boys

rob