Shorten throttle pull?

I was in a yamaha dealer just browsing around waiting on a friend and sat on a WR450 and twisted the throttle, WOW!! The bike was off but it only rotated about 1/2 an inch if that. What can I do to get this on my DRZ?

Zip tie mod. or R6 mod. Do a search. Just what you want. Two different ways to go about it.

Shawn

I was in a yamaha dealer just browsing around waiting on a friend and sat on a WR450 and twisted the throttle, WOW!! The bike was off but it only rotated about 1/2 an inch if that. What can I do to get this on my DRZ?

Buy a WR450 throttle.. :worthy: It might fit but its easier to buy a quick action throttle, theres loads about. Some have as little as 1/5 turn but they make the throttle heavier, especially if you have a FCR carb..

put a throttle stop in like the wr450 has stock.

makes 16hp stock.

lol, I was also going to ask if the throttle stop was still in....

HaHa yeah they come with throttle stops in them, I know Hondas do the same. At least over here in Oz they do. All they do is unpack the bike from the crate and put it on the floor, they don't bother changing the throttle stop, cause its a pain in the arse.

Most things are not as they seem.

Throttle Stop! Ugh, Now I feel like a dumbass. I will be doing the zip tie or R6 throttle mod.

Do not do zip tie, return cable will bind.

Do not do zip tie, return cable will bind.

mine has never done that on all my bikes...

if you actually want to shorten the pull with out any hokey stuff,pm me.

i can set you up with a single pull throttle and cable that will make it less than 1/4 turn.

I removed the return cable because the cable would shift to the side off of the ziptie and bind giving me an instant cruise control. Not fun coming into a corner.

Don't bother with the R6 mod either, tried it, and there's a good thread with pics and it does squat.

Eddie not sure with the DRX slide carby but from my XR days when I had a single pull throttle I got a "jittering effect" when doing constant speeds, I suspect this was from going to a single pull cable and the air rushing past the butterflies on the carb?. Is there no effect on the DRZ with slide carb?

I'm interested in this, have to check if Oz laws allow it..

cable set up doesnt cause any sort of "jittering".

it wasnt your issue.

IM really happy with my set up. I removed the return cable first and threw it in the trash can. I then added some rtv to the portion of the throttle tube where the pull cable rides. I have many hours of hard off-road desert use with no problems. It works flawless and the throttle SNAPS back. :worthy:

Before

Jan262008002.jpg

After

Jan262008006.jpg

Jan262008005.jpg

if you actually want to shorten the pull with out any hokey stuff,pm me.

i can set you up with a single pull throttle and cable that will make it less than 1/4 turn.

I bought Eddies set up from him and it's really nice. It is exactly what you are looking for.:worthy:

Here is a pic:

DSC00539.jpg

Here is a pic WOT:

DSC00543.jpg

+1. These are pretty cool. I talked with him at the Indy dealer show. They have interchangeable eccentric cams that you can call, slick track, moto-x indoor/outdoor, drag, flat-track,hil climb, ice, etc. The cool part about them is not only the toaal throttle travel, but its rate of opening.

Sorry cant comment on them. I use the Joker Machine roller bearing assembly.