Eddie's battery mod....

I installed the battery mod last year which worked great! I kept the bike in storage all winter with the battery tender on it. About a month ago, I moved my bike and didn't connect the battery tender. Of course the battery is dead now. I have had it on the tender for 24 hrs but it still won't start. It will BARELY turn over but seems to be taking a charge. On a trickle charge how long should it take to fully charge the battery, or at least enough to start the bike?

I assume that when it starts it will charge faster when I ride it. Can I jump the bike from a car battery?

Most tenders can't charge a dead battery, they are only designed to keep a fully charged battery full.

Batteries hate being flatlined, there is a high probability that the battery will never take a full charge now.

Yes, you can jump from another 12 volt battery... the only requirement is that if you jump off another vehicle make sure that it is NOT running.

battery tenders arent chargers.

battery tenders arent chargers.

So when the light next to the word CHARGING is on it's only maintaining?

The battery should not be dead in a month with no tender if it was full when the tender was removed. Look for other problems.

Volt meter is needed to diagnose electrical problems. What voltage is "float"? What voltage when removed from tender? What voltage when dead? What voltage is the tender charging?...........

Best bet is to take the battery to a shop with a charger designed to recharge a severly discharged AGM type battery and can run the proper voltage and charge cycle.

A tender puts out about 1.5 amps depending on the model. You need more like 10 amps to charge the battery. And a 3-stage charger would be ideal.

A tender puts out about 1.5 amps depending on the model. You need more like 10 amps to charge the battery. And a 3-stage charger would be ideal.

I have a car charger (2 amp, 12, amp and 75 amp starter). Can I put the battery on this charger set to 12 amps and let it charge?

Can you charge a motorcycle battery with a car battery charger? I would put it on the 12 volt setting.

yes,you can.

Put it on the 12 amp setting and keep an eye on it. I brought my original battery back to life before my SSW battery kit came in the mail.

yes,you can.

PM sent.

I have a modded battery box and the bracket from Sisneros Speed Works and I'm just waiting for my stock battery to fail. I have done the Free Power Mod and my stock batteries seem to last a long time. My bike was bought new by me in 2002 and is a 2002 DRZ 400S and I have only bought one replacement Yuasa battery.