Sign in to follow this  

My first new bike EVER w/pics.....................

OK, here it is. I bought this from a very reputable dealer on the west coast of the US, some of you may know who they are. This is the GG 280 economy.

S5000129.jpg

Sorry, but I havn't quite figured out how to post these images, anyway it was very exiting bringing a bike home in a crate.

S5000131.jpg

S5000132.jpg

It was mostly assembled, handlebars and controls are about the only thing I needed to install.

S5000133.jpg

Ye olde teflon tape trick.

S5000138.jpg

A little type F.

S5000139.jpg

You never know!

S5000136.jpg

*** is this?

S5000140.jpg

The 2000 VS the new 2008.

I ran 3 tanks of gas through this new bike on the weekend, and it is butter smooth. I do not think the tube tire is going to be an issue. I started at 4psi, and found it broke loose in the dirt, so I dropped it to 3.5psi, same as i run in the tubeless, so far not an issue. The only casualty was the the headlamp, it burned out in the first hour, and it is an LED. I very stoked about this bike, it is a huge improvement, all though the other machine is very capable, this pro motor is the bomb.

Sweet! Looks Great. I like your custom ATF filler cap with the fill tubing.

I found the same thing when I switched from the Edition to the Pro.

Just make sure you enguage the kicker before hammering it -

Enjoy

You can never go wrong with orange and black.

P.S. Looks like you need a bigger truck.

OK, here it is. .................

S5000136.jpg

*** is this?

Maybe that's one of those prizes like they put in your cereal boxes when you were a kid? Maybe one of those secret decoders or dog whistles??? :worthy:

Need a better photo or two to tell :lol:

I'll bet it's a special Gas Gas Factory tool that fell in there and the poor gumball back in Spain that dropped it in there is still looking for it!! :lol:

Is your 2000 the one for sale on CL on Camano?

Camano Island? That sounds like maybe my long lost buddy, Doug Thompson??

Is your 2000 the one for sale on CL on Camano?

Hey Cook Island resident, you... wink, wink, the videos you took with my camera have been edited and posted to my Vimeo Video Page... Too bad you didn't get credit for it, but at least your voice is in there.... I cut the part where you said: "He makes it look so easy" :worthy: because it WAS! :lol:

OK, here it is. I bought this from a very reputable dealer on the west coast of the US, some of you may know who they are. This is the GG 280 economy.

The 2000 VS the new 2008.

I ran 3 tanks of gas through this new bike on the weekend, and it is butter smooth. I do not think the tube tire is going to be an issue. I started at 4psi, and found it broke loose in the dirt, so I dropped it to 3.5psi, same as i run in the tubeless, so far not an issue. The only casualty was the the headlamp, it burned out in the first hour, and it is an LED. I very stoked about this bike, it is a huge improvement, all though the other machine is very capable, this pro motor is the bomb.

Congratulations Harry!

That has got to be a kick gettting a brand new bike in a crate- I remember how much fun it was getting my 5 year old Edition in a crate. Can't wait to order up a new one.

After riding your new one, how would you describe the comparison of the suspension new to old? Big improvement or hard to notice?

The LED headlamp worked on my new econ when I checked it. Turned it on after dark the same day to see how bright it was and it it didn't work. I found a bulb at Wal-mart that fits and works great. Came out of a halogen driving lamp and they were 2 for $15.99. Fits the original holder and plug even.

Congratulations Harry!

That has got to be a kick gettting a brand new bike in a crate- I remember how much fun it was getting my 5 year old Edition in a crate. Can't wait to order up a new one.

After riding your new one, how would you describe the comparison of the suspension new to old? Big improvement or hard to notice?

Yo D.

The suspension difference between the two is very suttle, and I have not had time to dial the new bike in. The weight of the pro is noticable for sure, and the pro jumps sooo much better. The back brake on the edition is about an inch smaller than the pro, and is not as effective. The edition has a much better turning radius, and the radiator is much more protected. Clutch function, and power delivery are by far better on the new motor.

The LED headlamp worked on my new econ when I checked it. Turned it on after dark the same day to see how bright it was and it it didn't work. I found a bulb at Wal-mart that fits and works great. Came out of a halogen driving lamp and they were 2 for $15.99. Fits the original holder and plug even.

Yes thanks for the tip. After doing a little research, I found that it is an MR16 base, a common bulb also used for track lighting in homes.

Yes thanks for the tip. After doing a little research, I found that it is an MR16 base, a common bulb also used for track lighting in homes.

Nice thing about the MR16 based halogen is there is a three digit code that describes characteristics of the lamp-once you know the wattage than you can play with the beam spread by going to a different number- anything from a spot to a wide flood. If there is no three digit code like ESX, BAB on the lamp, generally the last one or two numbers in the part # will be the beam spread- EX. "9" = narrow spot, ranging all the way up to "55" = wide flood. Just make sure you match the wattage to what your electrical can handle- wattage is usually the 2nd and 3rd # in the cat # Q35MR16C/CG20 would be a 35 watt with a 20 degree beam spread. Careful as they come in both 12 and 24 volts.

hey throw the word eco out the door it is a brand new pro no if ands or buts,period.very nice im jealous and a little distraught about the home depot bucket not being used.

Harry Nice looking bike,man it's always cool getting a new ride!On another note where did you get that hose /tube attached to the oil cap of the oil container? Is that a homemade job or?That would be perfect for ease of changing my oil in my 640 adv.Been thinking about fabricating my own,but if they come with certain oils,save me some time.Congrats

Nice thing about the MR16 based halogen is there is a three digit code that describes characteristics of the lamp-once you know the wattage than you can play with the beam spread by going to a different number- anything from a spot to a wide flood. If there is no three digit code like ESX, BAB on the lamp, generally the last one or two numbers in the part # will be the beam spread- EX. "9" = narrow spot, ranging all the way up to "55" = wide flood. Just make sure you match the wattage to what your electrical can handle- wattage is usually the 2nd and 3rd # in the cat # Q35MR16C/CG20 would be a 35 watt with a 20 degree beam spread. Careful as they come in both 12 and 24 volts.

Thanks for the info on the codes, I never knew they came in different spreads and wattages. I've been happy with the 50 watt one's from Walmart. They are bright as heck and has what I think is a perfect pattern for going slow.

Hey Wayne, Was that strange seeing those two bikes side by side. I had to look real close to see any differences from your old TXT and his 2000.