Sign in to follow this  

The problem with our medical system

Sorry to rant but I'm a bit PO'd this morning. Saturday I cased a double and I think I broke my ankle. I was in anothe state wehen it happened and just got home last night. I figured I'd call my orth doc, who already has done my knee, get iin this morning and get it checked out. NOT, they can see me on

Wed. So I have to call my GP doc, he doesn't have an X-ray machine, I have to go see him, get a script for the x-ray, get the x-ray, find out when he can schedule me in what a joke. Or i can go sit in the emergency room for 6 hours. :worthy:

And it will be worse in the new system.........

Well the good news is nothing is broken. It's still swollen and sore though. Dr. Mark, should I try and move it and stretch it or give it a few weeks and wait until the selling and pain go away?

I had the X-Ray and it came back negative. The GP says give it a week on the crutches then try and slowly start moving it and use it as I can, he says 4-6 weeks and I'll be as good as new. Sound about right Dr. Mark?

got no clue.

Get an MRI because the examinations done by GPs usually ain't worth a poop

Well the good news is nothing is broken. It's still swollen and sore though. Dr. Mark, should I try and move it and stretch it or give it a few weeks and wait until the selling and pain go away?

I hear breaks are better than sprains. I sprained my ankle pretty bad many years ago road-racing. It'll be longer then 4-6 weeks to be back 100% my friend. I had recurring symptoms for years. All depends on how bad the sprain is. I was on crutches for a while.