RS2 questions should be easy

So a while ago I got one of these off eBay along with a jd jet kit, the extended fuel screw, and a new exhaust gasket. I got everything for the install.

I removed the old system last night and got the new one installed. No real problems. I need to get some long hex sockets to torque it down right. Test run it sounds good. Is that what you guys use to torque it right?

I haven't rejetted or done the 3x3 yet. That comes this week

On the stock RS2 it comes with the baffle installed right? If I remove it it's considered uncorked? Just making sure I got this right.

Yeah, you need to remove the spark arrestor/noise reducer for it to be uncorked. Do that and you will notice a nice little gain in power.

Like Twiny said and you will also notice more when you get the carb rejet and 3x3:thumbsup:

They sound wicked when uncorked!!!!!!!!! You'll find the roll on power is greatly improved, which makes for more wheelies!

Cheers Logan

I'd leave the cork in until you do the 3x3 and jet.....then open 'er up and enjoy!

Looks like we will uncork it then. It's not so loud that I'll get a ticket or anything is it? I guess I could pull the insert out and see how it sounds before going too far.

As far as torquing th header bolts did you guys just feed a hex wrench in there and get it tight or did you use a torque wrench & hex socket and do it right? I have an inch pould torque wrench I use on my bicycles but figured I can convert inch lbs to foot lbs and torque it to 14.

The stock gasket on mine was mangled so I did get a new one. Can they be reused or are they a one time use thing?

I'd leave the cork in until you do the 3x3 and jet.....then open 'er up and enjoy!

Don't you have to jet differently when you have the spark arrestor in vs out? I only want to b doin the jetting once if I can help it.

I just tightened mine by feel.

Don't you have to jet differently when you have the spark arrestor in vs out? I only want to b doin the jetting once if I can help it.

Yeah, should just need to change the main jet - 155 corked, 160 open.

I love the obnoxious BR-A-A-PPP my open rs-2 makes....I didn't get the full effect until moving the bike down the driveway with the helmet off when you can fully hear it.