Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Pourcel's gate malfunction? (pics)

I got some pics of Pourcel getting hung up on the gate in moto two at Thunder Valley, what do you think happened?

the rest of the gates are down except for his?

DSC_3884.JPG

DSC_3886.JPG

DSC_3887.JPG

DSC_3888.JPG

wow.... tough break I wonder if the AMA will do anything about that?

wow.... tough break I wonder if the AMA will do anything about that?

Not sure what they can do now. Sux for him.

Awesome pics!!!! :worthy:

That really shows just how JLaw's gate jumping had to be premeditated......

to me it looks like he tryed to get a really good jump on the gat and just left a little early and the rear wheel hung up the gate.. if you look at the second picture you can see that his front wheel is already over the gate and everybody else is just leaving?

he jumped, in the second pic look closely..

not only is he on top of the gate but a wheel length ahead of everyone else, who's gate worked properly..

Those Kawi's are fast but not that fast.

Seems like half the field have their front wheel past the gate but only Pourcels gate stays up, looks like hes pretty much aligned with the rest of the field in that moment to me.

He did a pretty good job salvaging points tho, how fast did he catch up to Dungey, five laps?

if his front wheel bumped the gate that could account for it not falling in sync with the rest of them. my guess is he jumped it just a hair too soon, the gate was held up for a split sec and then dropped the rest of the way, causing it to hit the rear wheel too

Would have to see a couple pics between or slow mo on July 5th but it is amazing how ppl can look at the same pics and see it so differently.

Look at where #350 on the Honda is in the 2nd pic.

In pic 2 his body position already looks all squirrely, like forward momentum took an unexpected pause (front tire must have banged a bit?). Could have been worse I guess...

Looks like he might have jumped the gate. Need to see some video of it to say either way.

i dint listen to the webcast of the race, but were the announcers saying that it was a gate malfunction? Who besides online forums are saying that it was a malfunction?

i dint listen to the webcast of the race, but were the announcers saying that it was a gate malfunction? Who besides online forums are saying that it was a malfunction?

CP377 :worthy:

He was really hung up about it during the post race interview (no pun intended)

Would have to see a couple pics between or slow mo on July 5th but it is amazing how ppl can look at the same pics and see it so differently.

Look at where #350 on the Honda is in the 2nd pic.

Exactly what I was going to say. I looked at the pics just now, and there are 3 guys who are ahead of everyone else out of the gate, 377, 350, and someone on the very far right of the picture who is in a wheelie. Those 3 guys got the jump on the field and are pretty much the same distance out of the gate, but Pourcel's gate is still up.

Exactly what I was going to say. I looked at the pics just now, and there are 3 guys who are ahead of everyone else out of the gate, 377, 350, and someone on the very far right of the picture who is in a wheelie. Those 3 guys got the jump on the field and are pretty much the same distance out of the gate, but Pourcel's gate is still up.

And if his tire was on top of the gate it would have pushed it down when the others dropped. Again I can't wait to see vid of it.......slow mo in HD...sux we have to wait this long to watch it tho.

And if his tire was on top of the gate it would have pushed it down when the others dropped. Again I can't wait to see vid of it.......slow mo in HD...sux we have to wait this long to watch it tho.

You're right, I can't wait to see video of it either. Just think, we can catch up on High Point and Lakewood one right after the other. Wait, wasn't HP like a month ago??? :worthy:

cool pics! my son got caught in the gate yesterday in his race too! except he is on a 50 so he didnt get very far!

I think some anti-french gang messed with the CP's gate before they lined up