New YZ250? Price? In stock?

So, I am possibly in the market for a new YZ250. I have called a couple dealerships and can't seem to find any in stock. Anybody know of any in or around the Houston area?

Also, what is everybody paying for new ones? Year doesn't really matter due to the lack of changes. Just wanting to buy new.

I know they are selling YZ250F's for ~$2K off MSRP. Any good deals like that on the 2T?

Thanks,

Chris

FWIW, I just bought a new (never been started) 2006 YZ250 for $4600 otd. The bike had been in the dealers inventory since mid 2006, along with another new YZ that had been started once. I am not that sure that I got a good deal, though. But I got that glint in my eye and had to buy it :worthy: . Anyone care to comment on whether, or not, I did ok?

Here are a couple of pics of the bike and my journey home with it. A long drive. :lol:

IMG_2235A.jpg

IMG_2240A.jpg

I dont believe your going to find a good deal on the 2 stroke. Very few of them are out there. 250 and 450f's are WELL stocked.

4600.00 for an 06 really is a good deal...well, depending on how you look at it. One one hand its a 3000.00 bike should you sell it tomorrow. The other side says it saved you several grand on what is basically an 09. I would have gone with the 06 like you did, but I keep my bikes long enough that resale is no big deal.

YZ 250 prices tend to be a little high. I looked at an 09 yz 250 in Elko, Nevada. They wanted full list plus fees. I coudl have bought a Yamaha street bike, the FZ6R, for the same price?????? That makes no sense .

I dont believe your going to find a good deal on the 2 stroke. Very few of them are out there. 250 and 450f's are WELL stocked.

4600.00 for an 06 really is a good deal...well, depending on how you look at it. One one hand its a 3000.00 bike should you sell it tomorrow. The other side says it saved you several grand on what is basically an 09. I would have gone with the 06 like you did, but I keep my bikes long enough that resale is no big deal.

YZ 250 prices tend to be a little high. I looked at an 09 yz 250 in Elko, Nevada. They wanted full list plus fees. I coudl have bought a Yamaha street bike, the FZ6R, for the same price?????? That makes no sense .

I, also, keep some of my better bikes for a long time (see my signature) and that was part of the logic I used to buy the YZ:smirk:. Plus having lurked on the Yamaha two stroke forum for a while and learned so much about the enthusiasm everyone has for these bikes, I couldn't resist. I intend to make it into a great off-road/enduro bike and the info here is priceless:worthy:

Hey man, I bought a new 08 250 yz in march of this year and I know for a fact My dealer has a new one in the crate . I am in clovis new mexico you can call Jim at clovis cycle at 575-762-1781 tell him ron trollinger sent you .

He wants to sell these things man.

Good luck bro.

ron

FWIW, I just bought a new (never been started) 2006 YZ250 for $4600 otd. The bike had been in the dealers inventory since mid 2006, along with another new YZ that had been started once. I am not that sure that I got a good deal, though. But I got that glint in my eye and had to buy it :worthy: . Anyone care to comment on whether, or not, I did ok?

Here are a couple of pics of the bike and my journey home with it. A long drive. :banana:

[ATTACH]10853[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10854[/ATTACH]

I think you got a fair deal on the bike. I got my 06 in june of 2007 for $4727 otd. that may not be a fair comparison though since the market may be entirely different where I am than it is where you are.

I agree with what RCannon said though, you did good getting the 06 because it's basically an 09 for a lower price.

You're going to love the bike. I wasn't even looking for a bike when I got mine (only got it because of the deal I found), and I kept wondering if I made a mistake buying it. After just a few rides I was satisfied that I made a good decision. 2 years later I'm still happy with it. Other than protective stuff, the only thing I've had to do to the bike is new springs.

Great deal Muttskie.

There's a '07 WR450F here on sale new for $3,899 and the YZ450F for $4,500 also '07. Those are blow out prices because those bikes STILL haven't sold. :worthy: Now I guess the same could be said for your '06 that was leftover but you knew it when you bought it - great bike at a good price too. Those '07s that I posted are also great bikes but most dirt bikers are all stocked up and nobody's buying nothing these days due to the economy.

However, as you and many others know - the YZ250 is in demand and also in short supply which makes the price higher.

I'm picking up a 450A rider's 2008 practice bike, FMF Factory Fatty, Vforce reeds, Factory Connection revalve (he is about 15lbs lighter than me, hopefully that will make up for the fact that I am a c/b rider) and a new top end. Still has the stock bars and grips! Less than 100 hrs on it!

$4400.00

With less than 100 hours (which might be 99), I think that bike for 4400 is a little high priced.

Here are a couple of pics of the bike and my journey home with it. A long drive. :banana:

[ATTACH]10853[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10854[/ATTACH]

You did fine.

Just called around to some local So Cal shops and they don't even have a true YZ 250 in stock. Some sales guys said they have plenty of 4 strokes. I said I wanted a YZ 250 two stroke and the response at the end of the line was don't have them probably not going to get anymore. But how about a 4 stroke. No I want a two stroke, we don't have any. Ok click.

In fact I called most of So Cal's largest shops and they don't have any YZ 250 2 strokes. They all wanted to sell me a thumper! I already have a thumper.

I did find one place one of the largest dealers in So Cal that had a 2 stroke. It was a 07 RM 250 and they wanted $4799 OTD. Actually not bad but I was looking for a YZ.

Finally called Simi Cycle. I bought a 05 YZ 250 off them in early 04 for $5850 OTD cash. They do have a 09 YZ 250 in stock. The wanted full list at $6599. I asked is that the best that you can do? Sales guys says what do you want to pay. I say $5850 OTD he says no way. Cool have a nice day.

I feel a lot better now about what I paid for my 02 YZ Cal plated YZ. I picked it up in mid 06.

After this little exercise I think If you get a good price on a new YZ scoop it up. They are going to be hard to find soon. And there is not much difference between the years at all. Suspension can be bought all day on E-bay.

Sucks but I think it's true. Shops are not supporting the 2 stroke anymore for sure. Funny that I found a new RM considering they stopped selling RM's to America a couple of years ago. It's gonna get had to find a new YZ in the near future guys. Stock up now.

Just one point to remember I was searching in Cal. We pay more for everything here in Cal. If I was really searching for a new bike I'd consider looking back east. Even with shipping I think It may be possible to find a deal. I know a few of my buddys did so with the first Plated KTM thumpers.

I think Alleman's in Shreveport has some 2 strokes. Can't hurt to call and ask. Houston to Shreveport isn't that long of a drive.

http://www.allemancycleplex.com/index.htm

Yea, I went by there about a month ago to pick up something, and they had an 09, I think, it could have been an 08. Ask for Mark Alleman, he is a real mx'er and he'll try to do you right on it. But they do have too much overhead IMO. Good luck......:worthy:

FWIW I got my 09 a few months ago for 6300 OTD, I don't know how much of a deal that is but it was pretty much the same at the few places that stocked them at the time. Anyways, a few hundred bucks one way or another is no big deal, once you twist that throttle all the way you'll forget all about the price.

Shops are not supporting the 2 stroke anymore for sure. Funny that I found a new RM considering they stopped selling RM's to America a couple of years ago. It's gonna get had to find a new YZ in the near future guys. Stock up now.

Interesting point. The profits made on 4 stroke maintenance and parts are probably an incentive to push them harder than 2 strokes. I do think that there is a definite swing of the pendulum back toward 2 strokes in a certain segment of riders. The weight, maintenance and rotating mass handling penalty of 4 strokes is creating a bit of a backlash. Consider the popularity of the recent 2 stroke invitational race with RC and others at Red Bud. The report on Cycle News said there was an awesome fan response. In the new issue of Cycle World, one of the bikes selected by the editor as his personal choices for top ten was the KTM 300 2 stroke and his comments reflect the above issues about 4 strokes. These are just two recent examples that come immediately to mind. As much as the manufactures wanted to shove 4 stroke technology at the U.S. dirt bike consumer, the riders with experience on 2 strokes are realizing that maybe 2 strokes are good after all and that there is an important place for them in the dirt bike scene.

Just my $.02

You did fine.

Just called around to some local So Cal shops and they don't even have a true YZ 250 in stock. Some sales guys said they have plenty of 4 strokes. I said I wanted a YZ 250 two stroke and the response at the end of the line was don't have them probably not going to get anymore. But how about a 4 stroke. No I want a two stroke, we don't have any. Ok click.

In fact I called most of So Cal's largest shops and they don't have any YZ 250 2 strokes. They all wanted to sell me a thumper! I already have a thumper.

I did find one place one of the largest dealers in So Cal that had a 2 stroke. It was a 07 RM 250 and they wanted $4799 OTD. Actually not bad but I was looking for a YZ.

Finally called Simi Cycle. I bought a 05 YZ 250 off them in early 04 for $5850 OTD cash. They do have a 09 YZ 250 in stock. The wanted full list at $6599. I asked is that the best that you can do? Sales guys says what do you want to pay. I say $5850 OTD he says no way. Cool have a nice day.

I feel a lot better now about what I paid for my 02 YZ Cal plated YZ. I picked it up in mid 06.

After this little exercise I think If you get a good price on a new YZ scoop it up. They are going to be hard to find soon. And there is not much difference between the years at all. Suspension can be bought all day on E-bay.

Sucks but I think it's true. Shops are not supporting the 2 stroke anymore for sure. Funny that I found a new RM considering they stopped selling RM's to America a couple of years ago. It's gonna get had to find a new YZ in the near future guys. Stock up now.

Just one point to remember I was searching in Cal. We pay more for everything here in Cal. If I was really searching for a new bike I'd consider looking back east. Even with shipping I think It may be possible to find a deal. I know a few of my buddys did so with the first Plated KTM thumpers.

Considering this... maybe that deal on the 06 was a little better than I initially thought. I knew they were in short supply, but it seems to be getting pretty bad.

Buy me that RM and I'll let you have my YZ :worthy: Seriously though, I've heard really good things about the Suzukis to the point that I wouldn't mind having one if I had the money to drop on a new bike. I've been told that they have close to the motor of the yz250 with the handling of a cr250. If I were looking for a yz250 and found an RM for that price I would probably get it.