06 250f lean down low

Just picked up an 06 the other day. Knew it was lean as soon as i rode it. Pops on deaccel and cuts out if you stab the throttle down low. Had a 40/180 pilot main in it. Bought a 42 and didnt notice much of a change. DO i need to go to a 45? runs really good up top just off idel it sucks. But it does idle fine also.

whats the temp and elevation where you are? Also where is your fuel screw set at? Could be your needle position as well

Not sure on my elevation cant be to much as im in michigan. Temps in the mid 80's. Fuel screw is about 2 5/8 to 2 3/4 out. Put a 45 in and it helped quite a bit but still pops a bit and cuts out when i stab the throttle. Gonna bump the clip down a notch and get an adjutable leak jet

not sure how well those adjustable leak jets work, but the 50 leak jet seems to fix most of the bog. You should not need to run a 45 when it is 80 degrees out, but every bike is different. You may find after changing the leak jet out with a richer one, that you want to go back to the 42 pilot.

not sure how well those adjustable leak jets work, but the 50 leak jet seems to fix most of the bog. You should not need to run a 45 when it is 80 degrees out, but every bike is different. You may find after changing the leak jet out with a richer one, that you want to go back to the 42 pilot.

What size is the stock leak jet? I believe i read its a #60 somewhere?

yea I think it's a 55 or 60, but with the leak jets, the smaller the number the richer it is, go figure. If you look in the jetting thread that it stickied to the top of this 250f forum, it will have all the sotck vs. recommended settings

Ya i skimmed through it. But im pretty good at jetting learned at a young age so now i can almost listen to it and kind of figure out what it needs. LIke i say right now im at 180/45 and the stock leak jet so hopefully all will be cured with the #50 leak. I may bump the clip down one before i try that also

How far from redbud are you?

Im 20 minutes north of detroit so its about 2 1/2 hours west and south of me. Why?

was gonna offer to help. if you were close. Im 30 mins southwest of redbud

Thanks for the offer but i think ill get it. Its real close now doesnt really pop on deaccel and it only cuts out when i stab it from idle. I think the leak jet will fix it