re mapping cd for RMZ 450 EFI

Is there a remapping CD out there for a Suzuki , not sure how all this works but want to be able to give to my mechanic friend and have him adjust the settings, not sure if you can do that with a PC V . and with PC V , do you plug it in and leave it on bike or does it transfer information ?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the PCV from Eddie. Comes with map already installed to your mods. Amazing pull, no popping, a lot more top end. Eddie's map with PCV is the way to go. Just plug it in...

• 1 month later...
I bought the PCV from Eddie. Comes with map already installed to your mods. Amazing pull, no popping, a lot more top end. Eddie's map with PCV is the way to go. Just plug it in...

What is this mapping operation? Do you need to punch in a bunch of settings on your home computer and then send "Flash" that info via USB cable to a PC unit? If you change sprockets or exhaust, do you need to "Re-map"? What is typically the lifespan of these units?

Where does this PC-5 unit install on say a RM-Z or a DRZ? I take it that it's a seal unit and probably "solid State". Does anyone reccomend "Breaking in" a motor before doing some of the major mods? Old Sarge

Just use Eddie. When he is done setting it up, even an accountant (me!) can install and get the benefits. PCV from Eddie is both plug and play or painfully adjustable. As you may tell from the E-mail, I trust Eddie's dyno more than my seat of the pants dyno.

What is this mapping operation? Do you need to punch in a bunch of settings on your home computer and then send "Flash" that info via USB cable to a PC unit? If you change sprockets or exhaust, do you need to "Re-map"? What is typically the lifespan of these units?

Where does this PC-5 unit install on say a RM-Z or a DRZ? I take it that it's a seal unit and probably "solid State". Does anyone reccomend "Breaking in" a motor before doing some of the major mods? Old Sarge

If you buy a PCV from Eddie, all you need to do is tell OTD Motorsports what your current engine set up is. From there they will install a map that when pluggged into your EFI bike (Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki 450) it will change the stock EFI map to suit your set up.

You will not have to flash anything from your PC onto the PCV, that's already been taken care of by OTD Motorsports. Changing sprockets will not effect what ever fuel map you are using, an exhaust change or any change that would cause you to change jetting on a non-EFI bike, would most likely require a EFI map change. Check with OTD.

A DRZ does have yet have EFI so there's no reason to install a PCV. I installed the PCV on my z450 right behind the number plate. The water sealing could / should be better on the PCV, I personally used black electrical tape to seal off the USB port and the optional port connection points. Never heard of one failing from excessive water, and I do not plan on being the first.

There's no reason why you cannot break in a new bike with a bunch of mods, just take it easy.

If you buy a PCV from Eddie, all you need to do is tell OTD Motorsports what your current engine set up is. From there they will install a map that when pluggged into your EFI bike (Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki 450) it will change the stock EFI map to suit your set up.

You will not have to flash anything from your PC onto the PCV, that's already been taken care of by OTD Motorsports. Changing sprockets will not effect what ever fuel map you are using, an exhaust change or any change that would cause you to change jetting on a non-EFI bike, would most likely require a EFI map change. Check with OTD.

A DRZ does have yet have EFI so there's no reason to install a PCV. I installed the PCV on my z450 right behind the number plate. The water sealing could / should be better on the PCV, I personally used black electrical tape to seal off the USB port and the optional port connection points. Never heard of one failing from excessive water, and I do not plan on being the first.

There's no reason why you cannot break in a new bike with a bunch of mods, just take it easy.

Not being very computer smart and then even less educated on the PC-5, I seem to think that when you kick the bike over, the magneto starts the current that runs the unit to then feed the EFI. Question, what allows the PC-5 to store or maintain the "current mapping" for your bike? Is there a lithium power cell inside than gets revived every time you start the motor?

I have my doubts, but by chance is the PC-5 made in U.S.A. or anyplace besides China or Tiawan? Maybe Eddie will chime in for this one: there is a substance called "Coax seal" that is like tape. You wrap it around cable connections in communications gear to seal out dust, moisture, etc. Besides added padding for cushion, any drawback in wrapping the PC-5 with something like this to prevent foulups? Texans ride in all kinds of weather when others head for the garage and seek shelter. Old Sarge

..... Question, what allows the PC-5 to store or maintain the "current mapping" for your bike? Is there a lithium power cell inside than gets revived every time you start the motor?

I have my doubts, but by chance is the PC-5 made in U.S.A. or anyplace besides China or Tiawan? Maybe Eddie will chime in for this one: there is a substance called "Coax seal" that is like tape. You wrap it around cable connections in communications gear to seal out dust, moisture, etc. Besides added padding for cushion, any drawback in wrapping the PC-5 with something like this to prevent foulups? Texans ride in all kinds of weather when others head for the garage and seek shelter. Old Sarge

Just like there are computer chips that get erased eveytime the power is cycled (like RAM memory chips), a flash drive uses chips that do not get erased. Just look up violate and non-violate computer memory chips.

In any case, the PCV uses non-violate memory chips that can be re-written. So every time the unit is powered up, which is at engine start up, the PCV map goes into effect. This happens in under a second.

While I'm sure that Texas does have some severe weather, so does Michigan. And while I have not tested my PCV on a snowy ride yet, I can say that on a 95 degree day at 80% humity, and in slow muddy conditions it performed flawlessly. Check back in a few months for a zero degree test report.

I wish that it was entirely made in the USA, maybe check their web site. Seems like the overall volumn would be low enough to keep production in the US, it's hard to say.