Definition

What is the best way to get definition on your arms? I have muscle, but its not as defined as I would like it to be. Any tips?

lose the fat :worthy:

High reps on the triceps. The triceps make up most of your arm, so they will need to be defined first IMO. Do high reps on the bicep too, the higher the reps the more cut the muscle becomes (aka, lighter weight and more reps).

High reps on the triceps. The triceps make up most of your arm, so they will need to be defined first IMO. Do high reps on the bicep too, the higher the reps the more cut the muscle becomes (aka, lighter weight and more reps).

Thanks! Thats what I thought but I wasnt sure. Gas for you :worthy:

diet and cardio, plain and simple. if you weren't born with the genetics to be ripped you can do all the reps in the world it isn't gonna rip up your arms. hate to be the one to break it to you but it is true. diet and cardio will get you lean not reps. i bet if you diet and cardio for one month you will notice a difference

Just to echo what other people are saying:

1. Diet.

Simply put: You cannot outrun the fork!!

2. Exercise.

If I were you, I would look into doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) in addition to / as opposed to just "cardio" (since most people tend to think of long, low intensity workouts when they hear the word cardio). There are several studies suggesting that although the total caloric expenditure is lower during HIIT training, the changes in body composition is more favorable when exercising at higher intensity over a period of time. Here's just a few references:

Impact of high-intensity exercise on energy expenditure, lipid oxidation and body fatness

Impact of exercise intensity on body fatness and skeletal muscle metabolism

Myths Under The Microscope Part 1: The Low Intensity Fat Burning Zone

As always, a middle road of mixing both HIIT and traditional "cardio" is probably a good starting point.

And of course, no, you cannot just lose fat on your arms. You'll have to focus on bringing down your body fat percentage overall.

I read a great quote regarding this or any other muscle group. "Want to gain 10 pounds of muscle? Lose 20 lbs of fat!"

You can have the stongest muscles. But until you lose the fat, they wont LOOK like you want them to.

Abdominals is a great example.