Sign in to follow this  

450 exc 2006

looking to liven up my 2006 exc 450.i have a spare cdi and 41mm carb from a 2004 or 2005 450 sx ramone replica.does anyone know if the cdi is different from my exc.the bike is excellent in the woods and snotty conditions just want a bit more for those special tests.bike is standard apart from an akroprovik tailpipe.

two ways to make a noticeable difference. one relatively easy one not so. easy is a 525 cylinder/piston. maybe too much low end torque for you. the other way is to change the motor to a 64mm stroke(400)by 97mm(473cc's) same low more peak power. changes the torque nature of the 72x89 450 to a horsepower when revved 64X97. better for woods and such. doc bob

looking to liven up my 2006 exc 450.i have a spare cdi and 41mm carb from a 2004 or 2005 450 sx ramone replica.does anyone know if the cdi is different from my exc.the bike is excellent in the woods and snotty conditions just want a bit more for those special tests.bike is standard apart from an akroprovik tailpipe.

the 41 will help BTW. the cdi maybe. what number is on the cdi box? doc bob

thanks for the reply. i dont want to get into motor work just looking to boost power a little was hoping the combination of cdi and carb would make it a little more like an sx .i will check the number on the cdi today think its from a 2004 .is the carb a straight swap as i think the sx had a hot start lever on the handle bars and the exc doesnt thanks.