Sign in to follow this  

My HID xenon conversion

Nice kit u got there .... Good choice going w/ the dual high beam halogen setup..... It'll save you a headache in the long run .... I hadthe bi-xenons on my wr w/ the motor in the back and had the motor break on me twice ! If I knew there was a setup like yours then I woulda picked it up....

Very cool thanks for the writeup looking forward to the night pics

night shot in complete dark. the pic does it no justice. i am going to aim it down just a tad. the high beam is good for passing inspection, the hid blows it out of the water. not to mention when you have reg ole halogen yellow compared to 8000k hid, wow, what a diff.

IMG00115.jpg

night shot in complete dark. the pic does it no justice. i am going to aim it down just a tad. the high beam is good for passing inspection, the hid blows it out of the water. not to mention when you have reg ole halogen yellow compared to 8000k hid, wow, what a diff.

IMG00115.jpg

Is this just a plug and play upgrade or do you have to start cutting wires, soldering, etc?

Is this just a plug and play upgrade or do you have to start cutting wires, soldering, etc?

------plug and play. it took me longer to disassemble and reassemble the plastic than it did to wire and test the lamp.

My headlight already has something behind it (something is there stock?) and my PC3 is under the stock headlight so where could I put the ballast?

My headlight already has something behind it (something is there stock?) and my PC3 is under the stock headlight so where could I put the ballast?

------- see the pic of the headlight face down on the fender? that is where mine is. there is nothing stock behind the bulb but its a lil tight. that help?

IMO the programmer is best on the battery, keeps it on in the bike.

The power commander instructions have you put it under the headlamp

Mine's under the seat. Moved the ECU to the side and the programmer sits nicely where the ECU was. Clean and secure.

The power commander instructions have you put it under the headlamp

Jaynen... I would suggest you to move the PC under the seat... people faced fragile wirings on the PC when they put it under the headlight (one friend of mine got it replaced though)

Really? I didn't notice an issue with the wires

Ya... some other riders over in SMJ also faced the problem before...

Anyway, it's just a thought :worthy:

doesn't it take seconds for the hid to come on? So when you switch from high beam to low beam after many minutes there is dark for a few seconds? Or does the low beam stay on with the high?

Thanks,

doesn't it take seconds for the hid to come on? So when you switch from high beam to low beam after many minutes there is dark for a few seconds? Or does the low beam stay on with the high?

Thanks,

-----no its instant. they do take about 5 seconds to get to full strength.

Well, EC you bad bad boy, look what you made me do....:banana:

IMG_1064.jpg

Mounted it to the lower triple...fits like it was made to go there!

IMG_1065.jpg

Has a modulator showing green for lo beam, red for hi.

IMG_1066.jpg

And this is just on lo beam!!!:banana:

IMG_1067.jpg

Hurry up and get dark...I wanna see this sucker light up the tops of the trees! And yup, this thing is FULL HID; both lo and hi beam.:worthy:

Well, EC you bad bad boy, look what you made me do....:

Link to where you bought it????

I got it at Vernon Motorsports, the Yammi dealer here in Vermin.:worthy: