Donate to the PLP.....I'm jumping on board with these guys!

Because the mining group IS GOING TO COURT to try to change the injustice.

Many folks post that they want to take the gov. and/or anti's to court. Here's a group that is doing it.

Ride on

Brewster

Exactly. Thanks Bruce. To me it's so obvious, but some people just don't get it.

That's EXACTLY why I sent them $$$ within an hour of going to their site. And exactly why I'm so ambivalent about sending $$$ to the status quo OHV organizations.

You know, I sent my $35 membership fee plus an additional $50 to the PLP and I haven't heard anything back from them. They cashed my check and that's it. Anybody else experience this?

I get all kinds of crap from them and went sent the same amounts,

new garage shirt too. This did take awhile to start.

PS - my observations were culled from many of your previous condescending posts about CA and it's trails and riders. Sorry if they weren't on point for this thread.

I grew up in cali and learned to ride there. My folks still live there. It's a great place to teach kids and girls to ride. ?:worthy:

Because the mining group IS GOING TO COURT to try to change the injustice.

Many folks post that they want to take the gov. and/or anti's to court. Here's a group that is doing it.

Well, they certainly seem motivated to go to court about mining issues. Whether that will be effective for mining, much less dirtbiking remains to be seen. I know the BRC is involved in a number of court cases. If we had more members and less apathy, perhaps there would be more court cases. Or perhaps there would be less need. I certainly don't intend to rundown PLP. I just don't know much about them or what they have done or what they want to do outside of facilitate mining. perhaps they are worthy of our support, but I don't think it should be at the expense of the BRC.

I don't know. I know that you are pretty involved with CERA and issues out there, so I at least respect your opinion as that of someone who is not part of the problem. Thanks for all your involvement and work and time on what must be a very frustrating situation in the Eldorado NF.

I grew up in cali and learned to ride there. My folks still live there. It's a great place to teach kids and girls to ride. ?:banana:

Well, there ya go. Would you really expect kids or girls to do a man's job like you do??? :worthy::ride: :ride:

I certainly don't intend to rundown PLP. I just don't know much about them or what they have done or what they want to do outside of facilitate mining. perhaps they are worthy of our support, but I don't think it should be at the expense of the BRC.

You can read the law suit here:

http://www.plp2.org/forum/showthread.php?t=510

It's rather generic and repetitive...........lawyer speak, I guess. But, it does reference OHV use many times.

Ride on

Brewster

You can read the law suit here:

http://www.plp2.org/forum/showthread.php?t=510

It's rather generic and repetitive...........lawyer speak, I guess. But, it does reference OHV use many times.

Thanks for the link bruce. They seem to be particularly concerned about 'roads' and access to places they want to mine. I hope it has some positive effect on trailriding for y'all.

Thanks for the link bruce. They seem to be particularly concerned about 'roads' and access to places they want to mine. I hope it has some positive effect on trailriding for y'all.

It will help for those of us with DS bikes.

The above mentioned person whom came by to say "hi"

related that OHV was a necessary part of mining and the

use of agriculture/hunting type quads where always in use.

He then related hoe you could cite your mineral interest,

and donate your 3 or so hours a year of "trail maintenance"

that is also required. Then you pay a fee and you are

then allowed access. Get enough people to stake out 10

acres at a time and if have rights of passage existing trails.

You seem to be right and they have no interest in OHV issues.

The above mentioned person whom came by to say "hi"

related that OHV was a necessary part of mining and the

use of agriculture/hunting type quads where always in use.

They may have no direct interest, but if they are litigating, that's good enough for me to support them. The SC and CBD have limited funds, and the more directions and little fires they have to put out, the less effective they are on issues that DIRECTLY affect us. And THAT sounds good to me. ?:worthy:

Yup. That's what they do. All of the Liberall groups that is. Time to take a page from thier play book I guess.

Glad to see you came over to the "lets unite and get it done side." I had my doubts from the BRC thread. That is the whole point. The more numbers we put up the more clout we have, and the more voters we can "offer" to the political hacks. Ossi Dog is right and so are you my friend. With a few more friends who are willing to fight, perhaps we can, if not prevail right a way, at least actually be heard. Thanks! RB

The Forest Service has been served...

Attorneys for Defendants

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

PUBLIC LANDS FOR THE PEOPLE,

INC., et al.,

Plaintiffs,

v.

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF

AGRICULTURE, et al.,

Defendants.

))))))))))))

Case No. 2:09-cv-01750-LKK-JFM

NOTICE OF APPEARANCE

Defendants request that this Court note the assignment of the following attorneys as

Defendants’ counsel of record in the above case:

Jason A. Hill

Trial Attorney

U.S. Department of Justice

Environment and Natural Resources Division

Natural Resources Section

Dated: July 28, 2009

JOHN C. CRUDEN

Acting Assistant Attorney General

Environment and Natural Resources Division

• Like 1

Glad to see you came over to the "lets unite and get it done side." I had my doubts from the BRC thread. That is the whole point. The more numbers we put up the more clout we have, and the more voters we can "offer" to the political hacks. Ossi Dog is right and so are you my friend. With a few more friends who are willing to fight, perhaps we can, if not prevail right a way, at least actually be heard. Thanks! RB

I have never been against any of the OHV advocate groups. I am not against Wayne N. or anyone else that are volunteering their valuable time to fight the good fight. I haven't always agreed that it has been doing a hill of beans worth of good, but I do admire and thank them all for their efforts.

Glad to see the PLP taking some action. Hopefully this will be one of many suites put forth by the minning and OHV comunity to counter act all the crap the leftist groups are spewing out.