Sign in to follow this  

WheelSet...

So I want to pick up and xtra wheel set for my wr². So i can run dedicated dirt tires (mainly a trials tire in the rear) Would love s aset of black excel rims and black hubs. Any thoughts ..?

SC

Well I would email Forrest at wheeling but it almost seems like older than 07 WR/Yz might share the same hubs as the R2? At least the brake rotor bolts are the same size on the front. And we know YZ sprockets fit the rear. The original info I had were that Yamaha used unique hubs for the bikes, but the X and R are different

Yeah, you need WRR/X specific hubs for our bikes. :worthy:

I don't know if Excel is making wheelsets now, but I believe Warp9 is. Wheeling cycle can set you up with a set of SM pro rims and stock Yamaha hubs such as I did. Or if you feel like torturing yourself - you can buy all the parts from Yamaha and have a spoke adjusting party.:lol:

One note, if you do get the wheels from Wheeling use those as your street set and keep your dirt tire on the stock rims. Unless I've forgotten, stock rims are Excel OEMs and have the pre drilled holes for rimlocks if you need them down the road.

http://www.warp9racing.com/

Well Mwakey has those sexy Marchesni's so there is a way to get our hubs onto those as well

Well Mwakey has those sexy Marchesni's so there is a way to get our hubs onto those as well

Absolutely. You can buy the hubs from Yamaha and set them up with any Rim/Spoke combo you like. Just a matter of how much work you want to do...

But Marchesini? I missed that one...

Tubeliss is the way to travel with a street only setup. CO2 & a plug pack under the seat, behind the headlight, wherever. Easy carry & bing-bang your on your way after a flat.

Tubliss is actually non dot approved in fact they tell you on their site don't run it on the highway, I was very close to trying it anyway

The Marchesini's are one piece forged aluminum wheels. No seperate hub. No spokes. No tubes.

Right but they have to make them to fit our bike or you wouldnt have them ;p

Tubliss is actually non dot approved in fact they tell you on their site don't run it on the highway, I was very close to trying it anyway

I believe jjim meant to write "Tubeless", which would be referring to the Marchesini wheelset and other cast/forged wheels that are meant to be run without tubes. Whereas "Tubliss" is the "pneumatic rim lock" meant to allow tubeless setups on spoked rims.

Right but they have to make them to fit our bike or you wouldnt have them ;p

I was kinda replying to Silentwolf's statement I guess. In case someone didn't know my wheels don't have seperate hubs.

I believe jjim meant to write "Tubeless", which would be referring to the Marchesini wheelset and other cast/forged wheels that are meant to be run without tubes. Whereas "Tubliss" is the "pneumatic rim lock" meant to allow tubeless setups on spoked rims.
I was kinda replying to Silentwolf's statement I guess. In case someone didn't know my wheels don't have seperate hubs.

Ah I get it :worthy: to both of you

Yep, sorry, TUBE LESS, lol. Non tubed tires. I think a fellow got spoked wheels working pretty well,,, I can't recall the shop name, East Coaster but not east coast wheels....It'll come to me. Anyway, though I'd not recommend a non DOT setup,,, supermoto guys have been using silicon & tape for a few years now.

Either way, tubes or no, you are still trusting a thin layer of rubber to keep in pressure & preserve your skin. I think even non DOT, the benefit of a slower air release is preferred to a blown out tube. The roadside repairs are far easier to remedy too.