here is my truck

Well i got my truck today, last thread i made failed cause i didnt have any actual pictures of it... so here is some of my actual truck?

IMG_01261.jpg

IMG_01171.jpg

IMG_01181.jpg

interior...

IMG_01191.jpg

tuner

IMG_01201.jpg

STX strerio package

IMG_01211.jpg

sub and amp... not hooked up, thats a project for me and my friend some day.

IMG_01241.jpg

and this is the roll bar i plan to put in it, after sand blasting and powder coating. This was from my dads first truck... a 1982 F150. Its a little too wide right now to, needs some cutting and welding done

IMG_01271.jpg

And i got 2 questions for you guys. What colour should i powder coat the roll bar? I was thinking either black like it is now, or blue to match the paint.

Can you drill though bed liner? or do you have to grind though? cause i need to bolt the roll bar in.

Let me know what ya think. :worthy:

Nice truck. I would leave the roll bar off. They were popular on 70's and 80's trucks but IMO it would look out of place on a newer truck like yours. If you really want one you would probably be better of buying one made for yours rather than trying to make it fit. I think that if you had to do much cutting and welding you might be dissapointed in the results. Not saying you dont have the ability, just that the tubing was bent for a different truck and would probably be more work than its worth.

Looks like you have a good starting point, especially for a 16 year old:thumbsup:

leave the 'light bar' off. In a roll over that thing wouldn't do much. If you really want a roll bar save up and do it right and pay someone to build you a real one a weld it to the frame. The truck is pretty clean right now. I would leave it as is and enjoy it. Spend the money you would spend on the bar and go riding.

i would put a small lift and tires/wheels before a light bar

but a matte or crinkle finish would make it look good and hide imperfections and yes you should be able to drill through your bed, just don't drill to deep:thumbsup:

haha maybe this area is stuck in the past, all the trucks around here have whips and roll bars. Maybe i will leave it off though. Having some issues with the safety that was done on it right now... the exhaust exits under the cab, and it has no day time running lights... both of which are illegal here. So from what we can tell so far we can get the guy that did the safety to fix the issues out of his own pocket.

oh one other thing, Can i run all the speakers off the 640 wat amp or will i just blow them?

hmm thats what i was thinking... Im pretty new to all this fancy sound system stuff though :worthy:

The stock speakers, if that's what's still in there, will run decently off of what the head unit is putting out. Probably 4x50 or something like that. A little amp will get you a bit better sound but there's not much to be gained by putting more power to the stock speakers. You're best off just powering the stock speakers off the head unit and just running the sub off the amp.

As far as the roll bar, I'd leave it off. Maybe look into something like this. A bit spendy but totally bad ass.

Buy here:

http://www.brushtruck.com/Prod_images/LouveredCR.jpg

LouveredCR.jpg

What engine do you have? The 5.4's sound pretty good with a flowmaster 40 on em. Guy at work had one on for a while.

mine has the 5.4 as well. Im going to get a "turbo muffler" is what the guy called it. He said its allot like a flow master but cheeper, and cause im on a tight budget right now thats the way im going to go. Mainly cause i dont want to be driving around with a straight pipe that exits under the cab for too long cause 1 its illegal (ticket is the same price as the exhaust i need to be legal, $125), and 2 i dont want to die in a traffic jam :worthy:

haha me friend told me to put something like that in my truck yesterday ^^^

They are simply the nicest, sickest looking headache racks in the world. Protech will custom make them to your specs/desires as well. Like a cutout for a slding rear window, tie down points, etc.

i agree get a head ache rack they are way better then a role bar .

watch out for that right hand second to the rear spark plug it likes to fly out of the good ol 5.4 ,so if you change them torque those little suckers to the letter . its a real pita to heli-coil that hole .

nice truck , wish i had that when i was 16 :worthy:

i really want one of these now >

STS turbo kit... but at 5 grand i doubt i will be getting something like that for a long time haha

I just want to get a bull bar for the front to keep the sporty look of the STS i think. might look into that rack 06crf_r posted to. Thanks for all the input guys.

That is a very nice ride for a 16 yr old. I would have crapped my pants if my parents brought that home to me. I drove a 1970 ford F-100 hitting on 7 cylinders because of a bad valve. Still had fun in it. You got a nice truck take care of it and watch the tickets. I had so many that when I was old enough to buy my first brand new ride I couldn't swing the insurance. CONGRATS ON THE NEW TRUCK!

haha thanks. I would love to say that i had all the money to pay for it up front, but i didnt. I had to borrow $7000 on my moms line of credit, mainly to cover outrageous insurance :worthy: the insurance was a little over half what the trucks worth. And before someone starts on the whole "ohh your parents bought you that truck thing" I have to pay every cent of that $7000 back, including interest. My parents think it will be a good lesson on what real life is like, and i think they are probably right.