Sign in to follow this  

Here comes a 450 EXC in your mirror

Last week I posted asking if they have fixed any of the issues from the o8 EXC's as I was looking into an 09. Well your responses made me do it. Just bought an 09 450 EXC a few hours ago and should pick it up Thursday. :lol:

I also have the distinction of being the first person to buy a bike from a new dealership. Colin at Apex Cycle Sports in Waterloo Ontario hasn't even officially opened his doors but managed to work me a great deal including a trade in.:worthy: Not only was he great to deal with he even honored the long standing tradition of providing his first customer with a free bike a year for life!:lol:

Looking forward to the mods and asking for help.:lol:

Congrats!

Gas (jetting), Grease, oil, gearing, take junk off it and ride:thumbsup:

Just kidding about the free bike for life but its still cool to be the first sale of his new store. Times are tough out there so I don't mind supporting a guy opening a new store in the very fickle bike industry.

After the "junk" is off does anybody know how it will fair in a race against a YZF 450?

Just kidding about the free bike for life but its still cool to be the first sale of his new store. Times are tough out there so I don't mind supporting a guy opening a new store in the very fickle bike industry.

After the "junk" is off does anybody know how it will fair in a race against a YZF 450?

on a track you'll get decimated. if you have your suspension set up, it will kick it's but in the desert. that greatly depends on the rider, but smoother power, lower 1st gear, higher top gear ratio's (depending on your final drive)

in all out power, they are pretty equal, your bike has a 6th gear advantage, you can gear it a bit better.