Sign in to follow this  

From a Tiger to a KTM 400 EXC. Gear?

Selling my Tiger beast dual sport and moving on to a much smaller and lighter KTM 400 EXC. I just got rid of all my street gear. What kind (brands) of gear do you use for light moto, hare scrambles and trail riding? Helmets, protection, pants, jerseys, boots, ect. Thanks in advance.

Another + for KLIM. I favor over-the-boot style riding pants over the in-the-boot style as over-the-boot does a better job of keeping stuff from getting in the boots. Also prefer pants with zip closure pockets. You'll appreciate an weatherproof enduro style jacket with zip/velcro venting and zip off sleeves. For boots, I prefer the ones with a heavier ATV type of lug sole over the type with the thinner sole-mine are THor-Quadrant. Am willing to surrender some feel through the sole in favor of protection from roots/rocks and they provide extra traction when I have to get off the bike to "assist" it over obstacles. The "Quick Strap" accessory goggle straps make it easier to remove/replace goggles with one hand when resting/cooling off. Elbow and shin/knee guards (I've used MSR with no issues) are inexpensive protection for low speed get-offs.

Klim, it's less fashion, more function. Good stuff

I would agree. The colours/graphics are a little more muted than some of the obnoxious stuff you find these days (like my Fox 360 Jersey :worthy:)