Coil Spring Spacers?

Are coil spring spacers a smart way to level my '97 Chevrolet 1500? Its a manual, 2WD, and has almost 200,000 miles.

like these...http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/KG09100G2L.html?id=5MZw6yJi

I know I will need to get the truck re-aligned if I install them, but it already needs to be aligned so thats not a problem.

Any information or advice on leveling my truck is appreciated.

Are coil spring spacers a smart way to level my '97 Chevrolet 1500? Its a manual, 2WD, and has almost 200,000 miles.

like these...http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/KG09100G2L.html?id=5MZw6yJi

I know I will need to get the truck re-aligned if I install them, but it already needs to be aligned so thats not a problem.

Any information or advice on leveling my truck is appreciated.

Myself, I'd go ahead and put new springs in altogether, you have to get pretty far in there to put these in anyways.

Yes, you will need to realign the front end when it's all done. Before you take it to the front end shop, inspect your components for play-ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods, pitman and idler arms, etc. Not only is it cheaper to replace any bad components yourself ahead of time, but you'll not waste a trip to the alignment shop (and irritate the tech when he finds bad parts and you elect to do them yourself).

Are there any trucks that come stock with springs that are 1"-2" longer than the ones that come on my truck? There are many junk yards/salvage yards around here that have tons of trucks I could get the springs from.

Last time I looked coil springs weren't that expensive new and junk yard springs are a hit and miss proposition.

Steve

Are there any trucks that come stock with springs that are 1"-2" longer than the ones that come on my truck? There are many junk yards/salvage yards around here that have tons of trucks I could get the springs from.

I wouldn't fool with junk yard guessing games, I'd look into brand new springs.

Just something to think about, but if you level your truck off, when you have weight in the bed, ie your bike, your rear end will sag. That is why trucks come with a rake in the rear end. I looked at doing the same thing (coil spacers) years ago but decided against it because it would make the truck look dumb when loaded.

3/4 and 1 ton trucks and vans have stiffer/longer springs :worthy:

X2 about checking the ball joints (and everything else) before getting it alligned

Well I could deffinately get springs off of a 3/4 ton. Would that causr any problems? How much do new ones cost that are 2" longer? Where should I buy them?

I know people that have used the spacers and they work great, there's no need to replace the whole spring.

If you go and put 3/4 or 1 ton springs in it will ride like shit too.